“Excellent breakfast and Huge portions”

Red Apple Pancake House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family went here for breakfast on a Sunday, because it was recommended by a co-worker. Here is a breakdown:
Service: We only waited a few minutes for a table and all of the waitstaff we encountered were very quick, very friendly and attentive.

Atmosphere: The interior made me think of a "country kitchen" type restaurant with apples everywhere...

Food: My 14yo son had the chocolate chip pancakes, which he described as very good, light and fluffy, but needing more chocolate chips. He got the short-stack which was 4 healthy sized pancakes - he could only eat 1/2 of it. My hubby had the bavarian cream filled french toast, which he described as one of the best breakfast items he's ever eaten. It was probably 2" thick, covered with pieces of nice apples in a cinnamon raisin sauce filled with an abundance of bavarian cream. Almost tasted like a big bavarian cream donut. had the half trio cheese grilled cheese sandwich, cream of chicken rice soup and salad. The grilled cheese was on thick bread with multiple layers of cheese which created an excellent sandwich. The cream of chicken rice soup was thick, creamy and full of chicken flavor. All of the entrees were generously sized - two people could have easily split a breakfast entree.

For the amount of food you received, the prices were very reasonable and next time we'll be sharing a breakfast entree.
The food was excellent and this place easily made it to the list of top breakfast places in the area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The portions are huge, especially for the price. I would recommend sharing something if you can, because the portions are just way too big for one person unless you are really hungry. Everything looked and tasted amazing and the service was near the best I have ever had, eventhough they were very busy. I will definately eat here again when I am back in town.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Gus and the gang are great. We go every weekend and have recommended to our friends. Quality and price are exceptional.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We go for breakfast at least a couple times a week and enjoy great service, good food & coffee. My husband loves "Christiana's Connection" & I love the Nutella Crepe with nuts and fresh berries as well as a few other items.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in Wheaton helping our son get settled into his apartment for grad school. We were only there for four days but ate at Red Apple twice and both times had breakfast. The menu is huge, the portions are huge, but the price is not. We tried the crepe, skillet breakfast, pancakes and omelets and it was all delicious, and their bacon is not the usual flimsy undercooked bacon you find at other restaurants. Plus the staff was very friendly and it was obvious that many of the customers were regulars because they were known by name - a down home kind of atmosphere. It is a must-visit on your restaurant tour of Wheaton!