“If you dont want to be at work dont come”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Powder Springs, Georgia
“If you dont want to be at work dont come”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the front desk was snotty and treated myself and my family as if they were irritated we were there. Not to mention a staff member at the front desk told my parents who were also staying in the room next door that only suites have everyday linen changes and fresh clean towels. I refuse to go back they act as if it isnt a hotel and im staying at their home as a guest.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cody1313
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
My apologies for any confusion that may have occurred during your recent visit with us and if our staff appeared rude. Your comments will be shared with our staff to improve our customer service.

The hotel does participate in a water conservation program where linens are replaced on set days or upon guest request to help preserve our resources, but it applies to all if our guests, not just our suites.

My thanks for sharing this so we can ensure proper information is being shared with you and other guest to avoid confusion.

Thank you and I hope with will allow you to try us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Naples, FL
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We didn't meet a single unfriendly staff member while here- they were all accommodating and friendly and eager to help with anything.

The room is...well...old and dingy. It has a mildew smell with a strong cleaner smell on top of it- maybe carpet cleaner? The furnishings are run-down but functional. The bed was pretty comfortable. The bathroom was basic. Toiletries were decent, but could have used a hair conditioner. TV was good with plenty of channels to choose from. My main complaint is that there is *no* noise insulation. You can hear every door, conversations in other rooms, toilets flushing, etc.

The location is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but they make up for it by providing a shuttle for anywhere within 5 miles, including the train station. We only stayed a night for a wedding, but if you are going into Chicago, you will need to take the train, unless you have a car. Be sure to check train schedules on the weekend, as the train is not nearly as frequent then.

The restaurant on site has very friendly staff and decent food. I recommend the buffet for breakfast as ordering off the menu tends to be rather slow.

Overall, a decent stay- if they renovated, it might be much nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very detailed review. While I wish you found your accomdations more pleasing, I am glad to read that elements of your stay were enjoyed and most importantly our staff was great.

We hope to see you again soon and your requests for renovations will be shared with our management company.

McFarland, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was surprised how nice this hotel ended up being. My favorite parts were the pillows. You have a choice or firm or soft. I have never seen that before. Normally I either bring my own pillow or end up with a stiff neck so this was a really thoughtful touch. I also like that there is room service and a desk area in every room.

Room Tip: I have stayed here three times. I liked my rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors the best compared to the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, our staff, and the pillows so much. It is always great to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay and gotten the rest they hoped for.

We look forward to your return and we will make sure the room service is waiting for you!
PA
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for five nights to attend a family function. We had our little dog with us. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, they even made a fuss over our dog! Our room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. Everyday our room was cleaned to perfection. The rooms are quiet- we were in the sixth floor and never heard anyone. Breakfast was better than most hotel chains. Will definately stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I recently stayed here with m family for a brief visit. Not knowing the area, and reading some fairly harsh reviews of other local-ish hotels I was a bit unnerved. Happily this hotel had decent reviews and after staying there i thought it merited one from me as well.

The biggest strength of this hotel is it's people. I had a credit card glitch upon arrival which persisted for two days, but the staff were very understanding and accommodating...and patient. They took the stress out of the situation. The cleaning staff were noticeably friendlier and more helpful than I was accustomed to as well.

My kids loved the pool of course, which seemed to have reasonable operating hours and was quite large with a nice hot tub as well.

We booked a suite with a king bed and fold out couch. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, though it didn't back on to a parking lot as some of them do. The king bed was very comfortable. the pull out sofa-bed not so much (according to the kids), but had a standard mattress found in those things. I think the TV watching they did from it more than made up for the mattress.

The restaurant was good, and we had one supper and a breakfast there. Again, the staff were friendly. I had to do a fair bit of printing, which was free in the business centre. One of the two computers was out of order but there was never a queue for the remaining one. There was plenty of parking.

The whole place had a feel of comfy, unintentionally retro about it and was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Our room faced on an activity tent, not a parking lot, so maybe that's why it was so quiet. But...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WJGuy
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking a few minutes to write about your experience. While I am happy to see that we lived up to the positive reviews about our hotel, I am most thankful for your praise of our staff. They are very proud of the service that is provided to our guests and are always grateful to hear that a guest has enjoyed a visit with us.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again!
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 4 nights at this Holiday Inn. The room was a clean, comfortable, king room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were on the first floor close to the conference center and did have trouble with noise. One night a semi was parked outside idling most of the night. The next night, participants at a dance were given rooms on our wing to use as changing rooms. They were loud, slamming doors and poorly chaperoned. The remaining two nights were quiet. The hotel is conveniently located to Wheaton, where we had a family event. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was good and reasonably priced. The staff was generally friendly. While we were unhappy with the noise situation, we 'd consider staying at this hotel again, albeit not on the first floor and far away from the conference center!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I appreciate you not only sharing the positives of your stay, but the areas that caused you concern as well. I am glad to see that even thought you suffered through some noisy neighbors, you'd be willing to give us another try. Please know that we have staff available 24 hours and on site security every evening to address any issue you or other travelers have with noise. While this staff is trying to monitor for any issues,, if you should encounter noise issues again, please do not hesitate to notify our staff so the issue can be resolved.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your return.
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel rocks!!! We have family in the area and like to stay at this hotel. This is the closest hotel we found to Winfield. Stayed her in March 2014 and didn't reserve enough nights. The very friendly front desk accommodated us easily and got us in for the 3rd night. We thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi room and felt very much at home. The beds were quite comfortable. Getting around the suburbs was very easy, even though I am easily disoriented in Chicago. I just made reservations for Memorial weekend and booked 2 rooms for 1 night instead of 1 room for 2 nights and called them to make the change. They were very accommodating, as the rooms I book required immediate deposits. Am looking forward to staying again and saying hi to the front desk associates!

Room Tip: enjoyed the jacuzzi room, but since we have other family members staying this time, we are going to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review and your praise of the hotel and our staff. It is great to know that we will be your hotel of choice when traveling to the area and we look forward to your return over the Memorial Day weekend.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carol Stream
Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison Area
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison ...
#1 of 1 in Glendale Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!