“Great Lemon Grass” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Great Lemon Grass”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Eaten here for dinner several times. Love the lemon grass dishes, spicy soups and fresh appetizers. Proces are moderate, decor is modern, service was good. If you have never eaten Vietnamese food, give it a try - it is lean, fresh and very tasty. They will tailor the heat level for you.

Visited November 2011

Winfield, Illinois
“Fresh, tasty, and lite fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very good daily lunch specials. The fresh spring roll and sauce appetizer is a great starter. The managed is very nice and accommodating.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wheaton,IL
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I went to Vietnam Bistro for dinner with my family yesterday. The waiter gave us the wrong dish, I told him that he gave me the wrong dish, he admitted that he did, then he asked if the dish I just got taste ok? after I told him that it's ok but not the right dish I asked for, instead of give me a replacement, he pretty much told me that if it's ok,then I shouldn't have anything to complain about & never gave me the replacement. I went here couple times before, the owner is a nice friendly Vietnamese woman,the foods always tasted good & authentic. Unfortunately she wasn't around yesterday on the Saturday dinner time. I also ordered an expensive dish (pineapple passion firepot), the soup tasted awful,it supposed to tase spicy & sour, but it was just bland broth, no taste & not enough ingredient, it didn't have orka, we told the waiter about the tasteless soup. We are Vietnamese so we know what missing & we told them what they missing in there, they told us that if we want they can just provide us the ingredient & we can just add it ourselves. We had enough of it so we just packed up & left. It was an awful experience & we vowed never go back there, there are several better Vietnamese restaurants in the area that I won't miss this place. The foods was expensive,but the dishes was not enough food in them,tasteless food,add to that not replace the right dish when it's not my fault. For the 3 of us, the bill was over $100. I wouldn't mind paying for that amount if the foods was good & good experience, but it wasn't at all. It was the worse experience ever.

Thanh

• Visited September 2011
Des Plaines
“one of the most authentic vietnamese place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

The grilled catfish roll is perhaps one of the most authentic vietnamese dish I ever had. Their sauce which accompanied the fish wan to die for......... What is their secret ingredient?!? The Pho was also outstanding (what the Pho!!, I have eaten many Pho on Argyle st. and this by far is the best) and the papaya salad was the best I had in any asian cuisine. The price was very reasonable, thus making this place one of my top restaurant in the suburbs.

Naperville, Illinois
“good, authentic food that seems upscale at a fast food price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I go there for lunch, probably at least once a month. Very tasty and priced for frequent returns for lunch. Nice and pleasant ambiance, friendly staff.