“saved the day”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, Alabama
“saved the day”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was on a road trip to visit my elderly father and had my dog with me. The Super 8 in Marion IL had given my room away when I tried to check in at 2:00 a.m. in June 2013.On top of that, there was a classic car show in town and lots of the hotels were booked up. This hotel accommodated my dog and me. Unfortunately, I only had time to sleep for five hours and shower then hit the road again. I wish I had been able to stay longer. The room was very nice and very quiet. I was at the end of a hallway. The provided breakfast was fine. A bit pricey.

Room Tip: get one near the end of the hallway for quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff were particularly friendly, without being overly intrusive. The rooms were clean and the overall experience was a great value. I don't usually leave reviews, despite being a regular hotel-goer. My experience at Best Western Saluki, however, warranted a note. If I ever head back to Carbondale, I will definitely be visiting them again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New Lenox
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times while making numerous road trips to SIU . This hotel is always warm, clean and very friendly. The rooms are well maintained and clean, with comfy beds all at a great rate. The breakfast is always good and filling. Defiantely worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cisne, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was completely satisfied with the accomodations and staff during my stay. Everything about my room was perfect! It was quiet as well. The breakfast was also very good. No complaints from me, only compliments! I will most definately stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been out of college for 5 years. We come back to the carbondale area at least 2 times a year. We ALWAYS stay at the Best WEstern Saluki Inn. When it comes to hotels I am kind of a snob. The Rooms are always very clean.There are more choices to choose from in the carbondale area now a days but the quality of service we get at the Saluki Inn is so amazing we always come back. Plus there are Free Hot Breakfasts. The other HUGE plus is the Suites there are 3 beds plus a pull out couch and the sink/mirror is outside of the toilet/shower area. That is a HUGE help when you have 4 girls in a room! Also every room has a microwave and fridge. This last Trip Sara helped check us in at midnight. We had just driven 6 hours and were tired and crabby. Her positive and friendly attitude was very refreshing!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank callie c
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel was a great model for the older Best Westerns to follow when updating. The colors and décor was so pleasing and the hotel just smelled soooo clean from the front through the halls. The queen beds were so comfortable, they had a comfortable easy chair and a nice desk chair for working at your computer. Just couldn't have been more pleased and the price was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a great hotel at a great price. My family of 5 got the family suite which had 3 double beds + a hid-a-bed sofa (also double). I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. The service was above and beyond what we usually encounter, and the complementary breakfast was great as well

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Hampton Inn Carbondale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion

Been to Best Western Saluki Inn? Share your experiences!