“This is where you want to stay while in Carbondale!”

Best Western Saluki Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My daughter is in Grad School at SIU. Needless to say, we have stayed at almost every place there is to stay in Carbondale. This is my pick as the best and cleanest for the price. The location is near lots of restaurants, close to Kroger for picking up some groceries for your student.
Breakfast is your typical muffins, fruit, waffles with a variety of juices and coffee. They have an indoor pool and small exercise room also.

Room Tip: I prefer staying on the bottom level. The elevator is very SLOW.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel was very clean. The rooms smelled nice, fresh remodel completed. The bathroom was a bit small and the toilet seat would not stay up, a big deal if you are a guy. The beds were comfy, pillows were great. The hotel was quiet. The pool and exercise room were comparable to other hotels I have stayed at. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was mediocur. Not a big fan of micro omlets, boiled sausage and packaged sweet rolls. The cereal and fresh fruit were good. For the money, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night (previously stayed here for two nights about a year ago). Both occassions were the same - hot breakfast was nothing special, rooms were fairly clean with a bit of an odd smell, and beds were pretty comfortable - nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was happy that there is somewhere nice to stay in the Carbondale area. I have had bad luck finding a motel that is clean and fresh like this one. This Best Western is one of the best I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim R
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Best Western hotel in probably 40 years. I don't know why I even thought about staying at the Saluki Inn, but I am so glad I did. The room far exceeded my expectations, even after reading the fabulous reviews on Trip Advisor.

The room was clean, the bed was perfectly comfortable. The television was nice and big, and even the remote control was clean. I did not expect breakfast to be served, but it was, and it was delicious.

The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again. And since I signed up for the Best Western rewards, I will even look for other Best Western hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Annette p
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Emily (check-in) 8-4-13 was very nice and informative about the area.
Sarah (check-out) very interested if we enjoyed our stay. We thought this Best Western was nicer than their web site displayed.
I called from the road to request a 1st floor room, and I received a very nice 1st floor room at check-in
This hotel is pet friendly (we travel with our little dog).
This hotel is located near Southern Illinois University (Home of the Suluki's)...thus the name Suluki Inn.
Many restaurants and stores are near by.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Overall rooms were clean. pool was good and a decent breakfast offered. Heard some noises in above room and halls, but was not a constant problem. Like the location. We came by train and did not have own car. We could walk to restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters if we wanted to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Hampton Inn Carbondale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Drury Inn Marion
Drury Inn Marion
#1 of 15 in Marion

Been to Best Western Saluki Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Saluki Inn

Address: 801 N Giant City Rd, Carbondale, IL 62902-6423 (Formerly Carbondale Inn)
Location: United States > Illinois > Carbondale
Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Price Range: $93 - $139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Saluki Inn 2.5*
The BEST WESTERN SALUKI INN IS NEWLY RENOVATED AND UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. The BEST WESTERN Saluki Inn is within minutes to the home of the Salukis-Southern Illinois University. We are within walking distance to shopping mall, theaters and fine dining. The BEST WESTERN Saluki Inn is seven miles from Giant City State Park and closer to venues like the local wineries, golf and other local area attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Saluki Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Saluki Hotel Carbondale