“very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carbondale, Illinois
“very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was happy that there is somewhere nice to stay in the Carbondale area. I have had bad luck finding a motel that is clean and fresh like this one. This Best Western is one of the best I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tim R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Riverside, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Best Western hotel in probably 40 years. I don't know why I even thought about staying at the Saluki Inn, but I am so glad I did. The room far exceeded my expectations, even after reading the fabulous reviews on Trip Advisor.

The room was clean, the bed was perfectly comfortable. The television was nice and big, and even the remote control was clean. I did not expect breakfast to be served, but it was, and it was delicious.

The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again. And since I signed up for the Best Western rewards, I will even look for other Best Western hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Annette p
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Emily (check-in) 8-4-13 was very nice and informative about the area.
Sarah (check-out) very interested if we enjoyed our stay. We thought this Best Western was nicer than their web site displayed.
I called from the road to request a 1st floor room, and I received a very nice 1st floor room at check-in
This hotel is pet friendly (we travel with our little dog).
This hotel is located near Southern Illinois University (Home of the Suluki's)...thus the name Suluki Inn.
Many restaurants and stores are near by.

• Stayed August 2013
Homewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Overall rooms were clean. pool was good and a decent breakfast offered. Heard some noises in above room and halls, but was not a constant problem. Like the location. We came by train and did not have own car. We could walk to restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters if we wanted to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed while I was on a work related visit while our new housing was being completed. The staff was great, quick check in process, the room was furnished well and included a mini-fridge and microwave. Very clean room. The breakfast was good also. Used the fitness center and pool. Very clean. If we ever needed to stay in the area again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will grant you this is not a 5 star in a large city center, but these were some of the best accommodations I've had in Carbondale. The staff was quite friendly, the breakfast buffet was average but sufficient and the overall decor of common areas and hotel rooms was updated and very clean. The beds were comfortable, but I will echo others in saying that the pillows could have been less dense. The climate controls were in working order and the refrigerator and microwave were a nice bonus. I did experience a tiny bit of noise from the halls and upstairs rooms, but nothing bothersome. The pool area and fitness areas were clean and not overcrowded. Other than a tricky intersection, the location could not be better. Plenty of dining and shopping choices. I will say that I booked late and my room rate was not a good value whatsoever. I don't believe I've ever actually paid the rack rate on the back of the door! (This, obviously, is on me, however!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here for siu orientation stayed 2hrs at the quality inn ran out after seeing 3 roaches called best western next door was told they had rooms with no problem the gm Melissa was very courteous and informative thank you

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank krmcgee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Hampton Inn Carbondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion
Drury Inn Marion
Drury Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion

Been to BEST WESTERN Saluki Inn? Share your experiences!