“gross, gross, gross”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Reviewed December 12, 2010

bugs, broken door jambs, cigarette burns in blankets, really worried about the safety on the property and refused to eat the hotel breakfast after we saw how the hotel was maintained. gross, gross, gross, won't stay again no matter what!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank notbecky

Reviewed May 22, 2010

There are drug dealers living on this property. I have been traveling for 2 weeks and this is by far the nastiest, most dangerous hotel. I think they have bedbugs as well!!!!! Do not stay!!!! I only paid $56, but I wished I stayed in Super 8 in Anna.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank ladytravel_10
Reviewed January 12, 2010

This hotel is in a bad area of Carbondale and they allow families to live in the hotel. (two adults and three children in one room) When we arrived, it was quiet and no one in the parking lot. The room wasn't great, but we thought it would be OK for a night. Noticed our phone didn't work so we asked the manager who stated they were having problems with their phone lines. About an hour later, there was fighting in the parking lot just outside our door. Terrible language and screaming went on for hours. We had no way to call the front desk.... didn't feel safe and was concerned about having our car in the lot. We left. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! A TRUE FOREIGN OWNED DUMP!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank rrhobos
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We come to Carbondale often because our son goes to SIU. I had made reservations at the Super 8 down the road, but when I got there, the place was chaotic and the desk attendant was just plain rude. We canceled our rooms and ventured down the road. We found our way to the Econo Lodge. We have been to Carbondale before and I almost didnt recognize this place from the way it had looked before. I think they changed names and did a lot of renovations. However, we were very pleased with the hotel. They had an indoor pool. When we called down for more towels, the gentleman at the desk was soo nice and had someone deliver the towels to us immediately. Next time around, I wont bother making reservations anywhere other than the EconoLodge.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2009

unless you absolutly have to do NOT stay here. It was gross. It was very dirty and in the shower found a cockroach. We asked to move rooms but no discount was given for the inconvience. For one night we paid $102! Every penny was not worth it. Not to mention the indoor pool area was disgusting. It smelled, was not clean water and couldnt be in there any longer then 10 min. I would rather sleep in my car next time then ever go back. It was the worst place to stay. I would never recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeccaChicago_IL
Reviewed July 4, 2009

For the price i paid, im impressed. I was nervous of it... but when i got there, my mind was basically blown. I got the 2 suites. One has 3 beds in it, and the other is a king suite. They had the rooms in PERFECT condition. New furniture, clean as can be... super nice. I had my 21st bday, and DEF had room for about 30 people. The only problem i had was the people who are residents. they are just..... strange.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Room was very dirty, heater barely worked and desk person wouldn't let us use one of their space heaters. There are many other nice hotels in Carbondale, don't stay at this dump. This was the only room left in c'dale when we had to stay. Will sleep in my car before I go back.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank froggy2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn
#2 of 9 in Carbondale
Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center
Days Inn & Suites Carbondale
Best Western Plus Marion Hotel

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!