“Old and noisy.”

Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Reviewed August 12, 2013

They are in the process of updating the hotel but many of the major items still need updating. The room was not dark enough to sleep. When we mentioned this they had maintenance replace the black out curtains. This helped with the light. However, the on and off of the AC woke us up frequently throughout the night. There was no fan on setting to keep this from happening. The light on the smoke alarm was like a strobe...never seen anything like it at any hotel. Again, this keep us up. The doors had the noisiest locking mechanisms of any hotel stay. You could hear when anyone on your end of the hall would exit or enter their room. As stated in the other reviews there was a very small fridge and no jacuzzi They did take one night off of a three night stay but I should have asked for more as we didn't really sleep much there due to all the problems. I will definitely look for other accommodations next time if I go to this area.

Room Tip: Check the black out curtains and make sure they work. Also check the AC unit as many don't have...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Steven L,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend with my family. We had three rooms, and we all very much enjoyed the hotel. It was very clean, the staff was very friendly and the Internet was faster than any other hotel I've been in lately. The only thing I didn't like was that they have filled in the jacuzzi, which I would have used. Otherwise, it was perfect! Oh, almost forgot, the beds were so comfortable!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Easy to find. Lovely building. Polite, courteous staff. Lemonade and paper for guests. Bottled water and cookies for priority members. Very spacious rooms with microwave, small refrigerator (this needs to be stated in amenities). Wifi worked on and off. Very nice bathroom too. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Semomu
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently took a group of 28 people here on a tour I scheduled. The hotel was very easy to work with, got us checked in quick upon arrival and was a great, clean facility. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone in the group.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is far and away the best hotel in town. We have tried to save money by staying elsewhere and always end up back here. The people are very nice. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. They continue to have issues with the attached restaurant, particularly for breakfast. The restaurants they've had in the space just can't seem to get it together for breakfast. Lighting in the bathroom could be better. Other than that, you'll love it there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ndubld
mitchell2013, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We pride ourselves on the friendliness and efficiency of our staff, from our housekeepers to our front desk associates. I apologize that the restaurant's breakfast has not lived up to your expectations - we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guest's experience through the feedback received. We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I used my IHG rewards points but was charged two different rates and after using my card at only this location; my bank froze my card because of some fraudulent activity. I chose this location because they listed an on site restaurant, the restaurant was down for repairs. When I spoke to "Jane" she implied that I was either a male or had fraudulently checked in under someone else's name. Overall rude, untrained staff and not worth the $161.04 a night or the 20,000 points! Avoid this location at all cost!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theressa C
carbondalemgr2011, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you experienced a less than perfect stay at our hotel. An error occured upon your arrival in which billing was not setup properly for your awards stay. This was an honest mistake and not an attempt to "rip-off" a guest. Your credit card was not charged and, in fact, points for the stay were returned to your Priority Club account in full, resulting in a comped room. Again, this was an error on our part, but in no way was this an attempt to defraud you. We hope you will consider us again should your travels bring you to the Carbondale area.
Jane Kearney, GM

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stopped late without a reservation, the front desk was welcoming, was very helpful and very accommodating. My room was clean and very comfortable. When checking out the bill was not under the door but again, the front desk could not have been more helpful in my check out. A very good experience for a weary traveller. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
mitchell2013, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear guest:

I'm thrilled to see your enjoyed your stay at our property! Thank you for your compliments on our front desk and housekeeping staff. I will be sure to pass your comments along to both departments. I'm glad to hear my staff took care of all your needs and gave you a great experience after a long drive. We look forward to seeing you return!

Matthew Graham
AGM, HI of Carbondale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn
Days Inn & Suites Carbondale
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion

Been to Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center? Share your experiences!