“Best choice in Carbondale”

Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best choice in Carbondale”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently took a group of 28 people here on a tour I scheduled. The hotel was very easy to work with, got us checked in quick upon arrival and was a great, clean facility. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone in the group.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Big Rock, IL
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is far and away the best hotel in town. We have tried to save money by staying elsewhere and always end up back here. The people are very nice. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. They continue to have issues with the attached restaurant, particularly for breakfast. The restaurants they've had in the space just can't seem to get it together for breakfast. Lighting in the bathroom could be better. Other than that, you'll love it there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ndubld
mitchell2013, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We pride ourselves on the friendliness and efficiency of our staff, from our housekeepers to our front desk associates. I apologize that the restaurant's breakfast has not lived up to your expectations - we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guest's experience through the feedback received. We do hope to see you again in the near future!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I used my IHG rewards points but was charged two different rates and after using my card at only this location; my bank froze my card because of some fraudulent activity. I chose this location because they listed an on site restaurant, the restaurant was down for repairs. When I spoke to "Jane" she implied that I was either a male or had fraudulently checked in under someone else's name. Overall rude, untrained staff and not worth the $161.04 a night or the 20,000 points! Avoid this location at all cost!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Theressa C
carbondalemgr2011, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you experienced a less than perfect stay at our hotel. An error occured upon your arrival in which billing was not setup properly for your awards stay. This was an honest mistake and not an attempt to "rip-off" a guest. Your credit card was not charged and, in fact, points for the stay were returned to your Priority Club account in full, resulting in a comped room. Again, this was an error on our part, but in no way was this an attempt to defraud you. We hope you will consider us again should your travels bring you to the Carbondale area.
Jane Kearney, GM
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stopped late without a reservation, the front desk was welcoming, was very helpful and very accommodating. My room was clean and very comfortable. When checking out the bill was not under the door but again, the front desk could not have been more helpful in my check out. A very good experience for a weary traveller. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mitchell2013, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear guest:

I'm thrilled to see your enjoyed your stay at our property! Thank you for your compliments on our front desk and housekeeping staff. I will be sure to pass your comments along to both departments. I'm glad to hear my staff took care of all your needs and gave you a great experience after a long drive. We look forward to seeing you return!

Matthew Graham
AGM, HI of Carbondale
Indiana
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in a whirlpool room, which was a bit of a disappointment. The whirlpool isn't in the bathroom; it is in the room about ten feet from the bed and five feet from the TV. One person couldn't watch TV while the other was in the tub. It was too noisy. This HI doesn't have a free breakfast. You get a $4 coupon for breakfast at the restaurant that is in the same building. We stayed on a Saturday night and the restaurant closes for Sunday breakfast at 10:00 AM. So no breakfast if you sleep in.

Overall,not bad. But it could have been better.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the whirlpool room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest:

Thank you for your feedback concerning our property. I love hearing that you enjoyed our friendly staff & clean accommodations! I do apologize that the whirlpool tub in your room did not live up to your expectations, and I will forward your comments to the head of our maintenance department for review. We strive to offer the best breakfast options available to our guests and complimentary breakfast choices are available Monday-Friday at our hotel's attached restaurant.

We would love to see you again if you are in the area!

Matthew Graham
AGM, HI of Carbondale
Illinois
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Overall I was impressed with this Holiday Inn in Carbondale, IL. The hotel was built in 2006 making it one of the newer hotels in the area. The lobby is spacious with high ceilings and marble floors. Check-in was quick and easy. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds were quite comfortable with soft bedding and nice pillows. The bathroom was clean and updated. This hotel was very well maintained and exceptionally clean. Based on some of the other hotels I saw in Carbondale this seemed to be the best in the area.

The room included free wifi and cable television. The cable t.v. was actually kind of difficult to navigate due to several channels that didn't work. Management should probably work on setting up the t.v properly to eliminate channels that don't get a proper signal, but overall this was a minor issue. The staff was generally friendly and I didn't have any real complaints. The hotel includes an indoor pool and very small workout area. I felt the room was reasonably priced given the accommodations. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hoehr-Grenzhausen, Germany
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed with 5 other guys on a BBQ tour through some states for 3 days.
The Hotel seems to be very new and so we had nothing to complain.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms were well cleaned and the beds were comfortable.
Will stay this year again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn
#2 of 15 in Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#1 of 15 in Marion

Been to Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center? Share your experiences!