“Not up to par”

Applebee's
Ranked #83 of 123 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 16, 2012

When entering this applebee's I had a feeling we should have turned around and left. As we walked in with a baby and two children the the hostess acted as if there were not any available table. The restaurant had hardly anybody in it. Finally she took us to our table and I went to use the restroom. Upon returning my wife said the table was stick and as I looked down there was something wet in my chair. So I asked our waitress if we could get the table wiped down and my chair cleaned off. Rather than saying sure I had to listen to an excuse as to why the table was sticky and that is just the way it is. I once again a little more forcefully said that is fine but I asked you to wipe my table down. Finally our table was wiped down and my chair was wiped down as well. Of course she brought nothing to dry the chair with so I had to grab a napkin and dry my chair off. Needless to say we started off badly.

Now we place our order and I will say that from this point on our waitress did a god job. My glass was always full and she made sure we were taking care of. Our food was mediocre. My steak was tough and the potatoes on both of mine and my wifes plate were not up to par. Some were underdone which is not a good thing. I doubt I will return to this applebees instead I will go to the one in Marion IL where I live.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My grandchild and I ate on our last visit. We enjoyed the Twofer menu. We had a pleasant waitress and short wait...great experience.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We have been to many different Applebees over the years and it is fairly consistant. We consistantly go back because we enjoy it. NOT THIS ONE. Been there 4 times in 3 years and it is always sub par. Wont go back unless its free. They just dont try as hard.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Unfortunately there are not many choices of sit down restaurants in Carbondale. I have been here many times. The service is always horrible because it is snotty college girls and too cool college guys that wait on you. Food is average. Get ready to wait for a table, wait for mediocre food, and even longer wait for your check.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Unfortunately, all Applebees seem to be the same...service was probably the best thing about Applebees. The food is overpriced and we waited much too long. We were not given any credit on our bill for our wait. Have not been back since...