“just as good as I remembered” 4 of 5 bubbles

Paglias Pizza
Ranked #11 of 117 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Garden City, Idaho
“just as good as I remembered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Haven't been to this restaurant in several years but it is just as good as I remembered it. The pizza was hot and tasted good. They must be using the same quality ingredients and recipes Keep it up its worth it

• Visited July 2014

Hinsdale, Illinois
“Good but not as good as usual.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Getting a late night slice back when attending SIU in the 90's was great. Although I was always partial to LaRoma's, which is no longer in business. Anyway, when in town visiting family we will often order a pizza for one of our meals. Usually Paglias or Italian Village but since IV's does not deliver we opted for Pag's this time. Gotta say, not as good as previous times. Maybe just a bad day or something. Certainly willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they have been a Carbondale icon for decades.

• Visited July 2014
Carbondale, Illinois
“Hostile Owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was waited on by a girl who is either incredibly dense or poorly trained. When I mentioned this to the owner, he told me his staff always does a great job and perhaps I should not bother coming back. I took his advice. Just another example of the parachocial attitude that happens in Carbondale.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank hrw97
Carbondale, Illinois
“Known as Pag's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband works at SIU and loves Pag's salads for lunch. They have a very reasonable lunch special that is served quickly. I love it for their pizzas for dinner. Can't go wrong if you eat here. It used to be in a smaller building down the street but have expanded recently. Same great food. They will give your kids pizza dough to play with if you ask while you are waiting for your meal.

• Visited January 2014
Illinois
“Decent pizza but extremely poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The pizza is decent. Definitely one the top five in Carbondale who fortunately has been blessed with excelent pizza eateries.The problem with "Pag's" is their poor customer service. They claim it's a family restaurant however good luck finding one of their few highchairs, especially on a busy evening. The last time I was there, I actually got up and refilled three drinks myself along with stack of napkins since our waitress was no where to be found. I've also placed orders for pickup and or delivery and almost every time, they forget something. After notifying management, who acted bothered and almost irritated that I brought it to their attention, they throw it back on me to decide how to be reimbursed. Not exactly the customer serice or attitude you should have towards customers especially since the mistake is on their end. Oh, and don't call it "Pag's" because heavin forbid you call it by its incorrect pronunciation that all their radio commercials like to point out. Sorry, but even with some tasty pizza, you can keep that overpriced poor customer service.

• Visited March 2014