“Great Food & Service”

Hunan Village
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 618-529-1108. Locally owned moderately upscale Chinese restaurant. Good tea smoked duck. Nice atmosphere. Large menu.
Marion, IL
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time on a very rainy Friday for lunch. The location seemed a little sketchy but turned out just fine. We were immediately seated and our very friendly server was able to give some great recommendations for our lunch. They have lunch prices, which is always nice. We started off with appetizers, Spring Rolls which were quite tasty. The Hunan Shrimp meal I had with Fried Rice was delicious. Our server kept our glasses filled and checked on us frequently to make sure everything was to our liking. So glad to have discovered this restaurant and we can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Observer1992

Carbondale, Illinois
“It's like PF Changs only better”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat. I don't need a menu. I always want to order something else but the Crispy Chicken is one of the best things I have ever eaten, a side of brown rice, a spring roll, and if I feel like going all in String Beans that are hot, spicy, & Awesome. I have only had food taste wrong once and they made it right instantly. The wait staff is great on top of it. The owner always takes time to talk and tries to aggravate me on purpose and for that I can not give this place a higher rating!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Joseph K
Ava, Illinois
“Exceptional Consistent Excellence (reasonably priced)”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our family has been coming here since it was in Murphysboro in the mid 1980's. The owner has always stressed service, food quality, presentation and total customer satisfaction. It is the only business I know of ( Apple Computer is second) that has maintained such standards for that span in history. The food is like sex. The worst I've had is wonderful. San ( the owner ) personally wants to know if anything was less than perfect. This is one of the best restaurants of any type in downstate Illinois. Order potstickers (sex can wait).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank John B
Carbondale, Illinois
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a southern Illinois native and Hunan is one of the top Chinese restaurants in the area. If you want Chinese, you usually have to settle for a buffet. Not so at Hunan. Hunan is a sit down restaurant with a fine dining atmosphere. The servers are always very prompt and attentive. They have a full menu of fresh foods that are delicious. My favorite dish is the Hunan fried rice that has chicken, pork, and shrimp in it. They also have some amazing appetizers including samosas and crab rangoon. Most weekdays, they have specials on the appetizers between 2-4pm. Overall, I would definitely recommend Hunan for your next Chinese experience.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank worknschoolmom23
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Delightful restaurant in a university town.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent menu, prompt service, moderately priced, and all of the entrees that you'd expect in an Asian-themed restaurant. Even child-friendly. And this was not our first visit.

• Visited March 2013