“Embarrassed”

Thai Taste
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai Taste has been proudly serving authentic Thai food alongside contemporary American and Chinese-inspired dishes since 2004! We offer an intimate and comfortable dining experience in the historic New Brush Building in downtown Carbondale and convenient takeout options for customers on the go. Each dish on our menu is a unique family recipe, including our famous Pad Thai and our "Voted #1 in Southern Illinois" chicken wings! We're happy to accommodate all diners, with many dishes having vegetarian and vegan options available. During lunch hours we offer a select menu of our most popular dishes to ensure quick and accurate service. During dinner hours we expand our menu to include all available appetizers, entrees, and desserts. For those 21 and up, don't forget to pair your favorite dish with your favorite drink! We offer both local and craft beers, along with a selection of local wines that are sure to complement your tastes. Thank you for reading a little bit about our restaurant. We hope to serve you soon!
Carbondale, Illinois
“Embarrassed”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My ladies group (9) ate lunch. We all asked for separate checks and were told they would separate it for us at the cash register. When we were checking out they added an 18% tip y per person. One lady had only a bowl of soup and her tip cost her more than her lunch. When she asked to speak to the manager she was told to step aside and the cashier would see if a manager was available. One was not and she paid $.50 more as a tip than her meal. We were all embarrassed for her.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank percy2008

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Southern Illinois
“Great Lunch Specials”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good menu selections at lunch and dinner, although I do not go there much for dinner. Lunch specials are varied and filling with a soup, entree with rice (one or two lunch specials do not come with rice), a small egg roll, and ice tea. I think the cost is $8.25 which is comparable in Carbondale to other restaurants with lunch specials. Spice levels range from 0-10. Service is good, but a wait can occur the closer to noon it is. Overall good quality Thai food.

• Visited December 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“Love Thai Taste!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thai Taste is one of my favorite restaurants in the area!
It's classy, not to expensive, and the food is great!

• Visited December 2013
USA
“Spicy, tasty, good”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the curry, and my daring friends ordered it a 5/10. I chose a 3/10. Come to find out, the chefs vary spiciness among themselves. That day, it ran spicy. The food is good and my girls enjoyed the not-spicy Pad Thai. I recommend coming here. Watch the hours as they vary by day.

• Visited July 2013
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
“Local favorite”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My local friends brought me here since it is one of their favorites. Excellent dishes had by all, including soups and pad, delicious cold spring rolls and Thai iced tea. Would definitely recommend.