Days Inn & Suites Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn(Carbondale)(Great Value!)
$109
$64
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in March 2012 while visiting our daughter and two grand children. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn but could not get a reservation there for three nights. This hotel was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had no problem with checking in or out. The hotel is well located to all the restaurants and shopping in town. The complimentary breakfast was OK but the variety of food did not vary from day to day. Parking is easily accessible at this hotel. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cary W
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night prior to departing on Amtrak for Chicago. The hotel was clean and basic. We paid what we felt was a high price for a Comfort Inn in a small town ($107 with tax), and did not feel it was worth it. We asked for an upgrade to a suite if it was available, which, it was. The only difference between a standard room and a suite however is a couch where the other bed should be, and a quarter of a wall separating the couch from the bed. Not much of a suite. Very sterile environment. Decor was very basic "motel style". The indoor pool/jacuzzi were nice to have to relax in though. The staff were not necessairly rude, but not friendly either, and a bit awkward. The full complimentary breakfast the next morning was nice, but not the best I have had. Beds were just ok, and had the old motel comforters which you always wonder how often they get changed out. I would not stay here again for this price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank tbowes
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We recently spent two nights while visiting relatives nearby. We found this to be a very pleasant hotel and would stay again. We read the negative reviews of a few and had quite a different experience. Mr. Patel was most courteous to us as was the staff. It was a very positive stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Susan and Bob W
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We usually try to stay at Hamptons since they are predictably reliable. There were not any vacancies at the Hampton during our short visit so I booked at Comfort Inn. Check in was pleasant and simple. Breakfast was only something to tide us over until lunch-in other words, not great, but it was okay.

The thing that really stood out during our stay was the assistance of Andrew, the front desk clerk in the AM. He was very helpful in that when we were leaving our room we noticed that the door did not close all the way and would not lock. We were on a tight schedule and I mentioned that to Andrew who promptly came up with some tools and fixed the problem on the spot. I was very impressed.

Everything else was just fine, the room and halls were clean with plenty of parking and easy access to town. No complaints here.

Thanks Andrew!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank walldoggg
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I work at a clinic about an hour from Carbondale doing administrative work; for my friends birthday I agreed to rent a hotel room and go to Carbondale with her and her boyfriend since it was also the unofficial Halloween celebration. I booked the room as a prepaid reservation on Travelocity and when I arrived they said they needed to see my card which was fine. Several days later while in Chicago with my employer for a conference on MS I noticed my balance was strangely low and saw that Comfort Inn & Suites in Carbondale had charged me $75 twice, $250 once, and $300 ($700 total) When I called the gentleman I spoke with said I must be mistaken. I then proceeded to call my bank, Choice hotels and Travelocity. The supervisor at Travelocity called the hotel and spoke with a man named Andrew who stated that the charges were for "damages". Absolutely no damage was done; I have since followed up with Bank of America and Choice Hotels again. I find it highly odd that I was never informed before being charged; that $700 of damages would not have stuck out in the owner's mind given that Comfort Inn is a budget hotel; and once again I did no damage to the room we were in town for a party we were barely in the room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends