“Good food, good service, good prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Herbst Landing and Lighthouse Lounge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the negative reviews, we were cautious in our expectations, but our dinner turned out to be a delightful experience. The cocktails were excellent, the food simple but fresh and very tasty and the service couldn't have been better. Give it a try!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ok, so first and foremost, our waitress was the best part of the experience! Then the cocktail. And that's it! We ordered prime rib and received no jus. Hello?? Prime rib.... It was cold, as well as the veggies. In addition, our son ordered a filet medium. It was well done. All of our mashed potatoes were cold, really!! My husband ordered coleslaw and got broccoli.and the worst was I found a hair/ eyelash in my bruschetta! I never saw a manager, and was not even given the option! We believe in the 3 strikes rule, they just stuck out. The view was run down and in need of a lot of TLC. the silverware was cheap thin and i have seen better at the dollar store. lastly, for a friday night dinner we had paper napkins. My best recommendation is for that poor waitress to work elsewhere! And for the readers to not pay for bad food. I would suggest anywhere other an here! For a fraction of the cost

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Let's face it, there's nowhere decent to eat in Canton when you have a family. I can't take my (potentially) screaming brats to the Bistro, and you can only eat so many boneless wings from the 'Hut. I keep returning to the Landing hoping it will magically get better.

Things started out well enough. We had a reservation so we were promptly seated. A young blonde lady with a nose ring came over to take our drink order. I asked what beer was on tap and she said 'uh, I don't know,' like I was crazy for asking. After 10-15 awkward seconds she offered to get a drink menu. Five minutes later our 'real' waitress showed up to take our dinner order. She was a definite improvement over the 'drink order' waitress.

Our food came up relatively quickly. It was all hot and tasty. The one exception was my wife's weird Italian salad dressing. It was really, really thick - think coagulated syrup or something. She didn't eat it because it was sticking to her spoon.

Things took a turn for the worse after the meal. We waited FOREVER for our check despite the fact that the kids were obviously restless and irritable. I guess it was OK because the place was completely deserted by 8:15. We were literally the last people in there. If it's like this every weekend they won't be in business long.

One last positive note, Dennis Stremmel is an amazing piano player and lends an air of class to an otherwise sinking ship.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I decided to eat here after Mother's Day. I had the calamari and blue cheeses burger. Both were great and we will be back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have ate here a few times within the years and haven't had a bad meal yet.. I am a little shocked at reading these reviews, but I have to say that for a Saturday night they were not too full - I remember more people at 7:15pm last time we ate here several months ago.. Maybe these reviews are hurting the business ?
My steak tonight was good and cooked to perfection, no problem here and my salid was fresh and complete, baked potato was fine. Drinks ok and continued service from our waitress here, no problem tonight but the place didn't have anybody else but us and another couple. My wife's food was done ok and she also had no problems with anything. We have never had any problems here and in Canton there isn't any real resturants or fine eateries, so this is one of the best options without leaving town.

1  Thank Jashuh01