“Roach motel”
Review of Canton Inn

Canton Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Horrible horrible horrible. Rooms haven't seen a vacuum in a while. So what the proprietor was nice. This place is disgusting! Woke up in the middle of the night and saw a roach staring at me. Went to flush the toilet and there is another one staring at me. No exaggeration.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JasonRo
Harry T, Manager at Canton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We take pride in providing the best service to all of our guests and anything less than that is unacceptable. Do know that we do our best to provide for our guests given any circumstance. Your comments are very important to us as it is a good tool to educate and train ourselves regarding managing guest expectations. I do apologize for your experience during your stay & pest control service has took care of any & all the problem..

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I enjoyed my seven-night stay very much. The room was clean, the service was very friendly, and the rates were quite reasonable. The room was quiet and refreshing after my 2 days long continental flight. The manager, Harry, went out of his way to make my trip comfortable. When the taxicab scheduled to bring me to Canton from Peoria failed, he came to pick me up in Peoria. I would gladly stay at the Canton Inn in the future, whenever I need a hotel in Canton. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, as well as, the rest of the hotel. We would love to accommodate you on your next visit to the area. Thank You. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I were going to the Canton, Illinois area every week from February through June. We were there to do with work. The Canton Inn is very clean and gives you a "homey" feeling. Harry, the manager, and his wife are some of the nicest people we have ever met. There is a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and blow dryer in the rooms. The rates are reasonable and well worth your money. If you need anythingat all, Harry will be right there to help. It is quiet and has very comfortable beds. In fact, my husband and I are planning a "getaway" trip back to Canton Inn in the next few weeks. So glad we found the Canton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Leta C

Mr.&Mrs.Ron,
Thank You for the 10 out of 10. We appreciate your review. We are glad that we were able to provide you our hotel as per your requirement. Thank you so very much for you business and recommendation. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Your welcomed by "Harry" with enthusiasm and a smile. I stay in motels for weeks at a time all over the country. I look for comfort, safe location and great rates. A fridge and micro is a bonus when away for many weeks. The Canton Inn was my home away from home for a couple weeks, if I'm ever back to work in the area I will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Mr.Mark,
Thank you for reviewing Canton Inn & our homely service. We are sure glad to have you as our guest. We are always more than happy to accommodate you every time you stay with us. Please do not hesitate to call us when we can be of any assistance in the future. Thank You!!!
Harry Sincerely appreciate your experience & nice words... Thanks a lot.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wasn't familiar with the area. Was from out of town but was glad the Canton Inn had rooms available. All the other hotels & inns in the surrounding area were booked. Harry took really good care of us and made sure we were very comfortable with out short stay.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I’m glad we were able to make your stop here in the Canton Area a comfortable one. I hope you stop by again on your next road trip. Appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is good motel clean just the basics nothing fancy but
worth the price. If you have any problesm at all Harry the owner or manager not sure
is really nice professional and really wants you to have a nice stay
My husband is here working fer couple weeks will will definetly be back

The Bates

Room Tip: maid is nice too
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra L

I am glad your husband enjoyed his visit to the Canton area and happy to hear that we were able to cater to his needs. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we do hope to see both of you sometime soon.
Harry Sincerely appreciate your comment & express his Thanks to you...

Reviewed April 26, 2013

There is nothing fancy about the Canton Inn. If you are looking for upscale furnishings you will need to look elsewhere. But, if you are looking for a clean room at a reasonable price with all the basic amenities, you will find it all at the Canton Inn. Of the tree hotel/motels in Canton this was the least expensive, but still offered a mini fridge, microwave, 42'' flat panel TV, ironing board, free local calls and a comfortable bed. While the dresser and nightstand showed their age and had some scratches, the room was spotlessly clean. About the only points I can take off are for no shampoo in the bathroom and the baseboard heating which does not heat the room evenly and makes all kinds of cracking noises when it cycles between on and off.

Probably the best thing about the Canton Inn is the proprietor, Harry. He makes you feel truly welcome and leaves no doubt about how grateful he is for your patronage. He called our room a half hour after we checked in to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

This is the second time we've stayed at the Canton Inn. The first time was two years ago when one of the other hotels managed do lose our reservation. The quality was much higher this time. It appears that the management is investing a good portion of their return in renovating the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael_724

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to review us.We are glad we met your expectations during your trip. Here at the Canton Inn, we strive to provide the most value for your stay & best possible experience
Your points & suggestions are well noted & Sorry on behalf of my house cleaning staff for forgetting leaving shampoo in your room & also sorry for couple other things. We called the electrician & ask him to fix it. So the next guest don't get that clicking sound.
Since your last visit, we have upgraded our furniture in some rooms & planning to do the same for all.
In your second trip to our hotel, you give us 4 star rating. In your next trip, I personally will make sure that we get 5 Star rating from you.
Lots of our guests, like you has same positive & pleasurable experience of Harry....
He really appreciate lot & says Thanks a million to both of you...
Hope to see you again sometime soon.