“Lovely holiday at Bluestone”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canaston Wood
Bluestone National Park Resort
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just returned from a family weekend break at Bluestone to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday and stayed in a Grassholm lodge which has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This was our 4th visit here and we have always had a good time. The lodges are very well equipped with everything you could possibly need. The swimming pool is excellent, although we did notice on this visit that some areas need a little attention. Overall an enjoyable stay.

2  Thank CAE56

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at Bluestone in July for my mum's birthday for a girly spa weekend. There were 8 of us and we stayed in a Grasholm lodge.
The lodge was perfect, couldn't have been cleaner and very spacious. The bathroom facilities were great (very powerful shower) and the bedroom's were adequate.
The Wellbeing Spa was lovely - didn't have any treatments as they were very pricey, but made full use of the different rooms they offered and the outdoor jacuzzi pools. They provide you with a robe and slippers which was nice.
While on our trip we went to tenby town and also down to the beach front to have an evening meal. Tenby town is local and when the sun is shining is a lovely day out.

The only critism for Bluestone is the price.. for everything!! Every add on is very expensive, and I feel they con you a little bit with the golf buggies. Bluestone is a massive village type resort and if you're staying far from the car park or the central village you will need to hire a buggy which is £75 plus £50 deposit just for the weekend.
Everything was very expensive so don't forget your credit card!

However, I recommend Bluestone for family, friend and couples trips and I am going there again in May for a quiet weekend with my partner.

Room Tip: If you have problems with mobility, try not to choose a lodge too far out as Bluestone is a big area...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We always book an offer as it's far too expensive in the kids holidays but we have been every year since it opened. My daughter did the 4x4 safari which she loved and also the tree climbing. Unfortunately the weather was bad for this but she still loved it. Can't wait to book my earlybird deal for next year!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed at Bluestone for a mid week break at a very happy price as it is March. This was our first visit and first impressions where great, it is very well thought out but being very hilly and realising we were staying in Barts rise which is one of the furthest points from the blue lagoon/adventure centre we were pleased we had pre booked a Buggy. The buggy was also a great experience in its self, our two and a half year old loved it and so did we as it was so handy to jump in and out of.

We stayed in a caldey lodge which was lovely, when we pulled up it did seem like ours was the only one that needed a paint job on the outside but we soon forgot about that. Inside was very spacious and homely there were two sofa's, a dinning table in the open kitchen/lounge/diner with doors leading to the patio and a picnic table. the two bedrooms were good sizes with wardrobes/drawers and bedside tables. we stayed in the double but also took the mattress off one of the single beds in the other room and laid it next to our bed for our 2 year old as he wanted to sleep in with us. (too big for the cot).

The bathroom was nice but the wet room a little annoying however it did prove good as a drying room for our swimming things once we switched on the towel radiator,

The village was lovely, yes the shop was a little more expensive than a supermarket but no more so than an express/ convenience shop you might find at home. we enjoyed the Toy shop and bought our son a 'surprise cone' which has sweets and toys in it but no one knows what as its always different. The toys are all really well priced. It did get a tad cold here later in the week and i forgot a hat and gloves myself so purchased some from the clothes shop at reasonable price with lots of lovely items to choose from.

There is a great park in the village for the kids our son loved it.

The adventure centre was a hit even for the little one although it is geared more towards the older kids so I'm sure they have a even better time. The blue lagoon was nice but i felt it was cold so we wanted to get out a lot earlier than id hoped (my son was freezing and he was wearing a wet suit). i was also a little disapointed that they had shut the toddlers sand and rock pool area and have now taken out all the sand (they are changing it apparently). My son was looking forward to this so slightly annoyed we were not told previous to our stay.

All in all a hit with our family, we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Barts rise was furthest away from the blue lagoon/activity centre but close to the village and next...
2  Thank loobielulu12
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at Bluestone 6th January 2014 for 4 nights. We stayed in one of the Cauldy connects as we were holidaying with another family. The lodge was extremely spacious with a lovely big table and chairs. Good kitchen with everything you could want including a dishwasher!!! lovely big bath and shower and very comfortable beds. Cot was also great as it was the same size a regular cot not your usual small square travel cot. There were also ample towels provided. The only negative thing I can really say about the lode is that the settees were not very comfortable. The lodge had 2 two setters but unfortunately were rather hard and uncomfortable. I would highly recommend a cauldy connect if you are holidaying with friends as it was so convenient. We had the adjoining door open most of the time, however when the door was shut it was very private and you couldn't hear any noise.

As for the park it was spotlessly clean, well lit up at night, the village as its called has everything you need. ( I would recommend taking your own alcoholic drinks for your lodge as the onsite off-licence is astronomically priced). the pub is lovely there was live entertainment on two of the nights that we were there and they were rather good. I had a 6 month old and a two year old with me and both enjoyed the pool. My husband who cant even swim enjoyed the pool, the waves, slides, lazy river and kids pool were all great with plenty of family changing rooms.

The adventure centre looked good though I think both my children were a little young for most of the activities, I can imagine that during school holiday time this would be very very busy and could be hard to keep a close eye on the children.

The best morning of the holiday for me was the morning we went to the SPA. it is well worth a look in . We didn't have any treatment just used all the different room and the outside hydrotherapy pool. well worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is our 2nd visit to Bluestone and we will definitely go again. This is a brilliant place for children who are encouraged to run, play and climb. All staff are very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend renting a golf buggy as the site is on a steep hill. Camp smokey is a must visit rain or shine. The swimming pool is also great fun with lots of slides and a great wave machine.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have just come back from a long weekend at Bluestone park resort Pembrokeshire. Wow! we will never go back to Centre Parcs again! Our first view was our wonderful upside down luxury wooden Ramsey lodge! Set in a huge amount of space with the most fantastic views. All mod cons. leather sofas, fully equipped kitchen . Lovely bedrooms with soft cosy beds with en suites and everything was cleaned within an inch of its life. I do not understand the earlier reviews?? We could not fault the high standards of cleanliness. Not just the lodge but the resort in general, which was absolutely brilliant to cycle round. The village central was lovely. Lots of eateries to choose from. An up market restaurant 'Carreg Las', a bakery , the Knights tavern, the Yard, a takeaway. loads of choice! Our favourite had to be 'Camp Smokey' Done out like an old gold prospectors shack with an old water wheel and fire pit, the kids loved it!! brilliant cowboy food,burgers, marinated chicken, massive jacket potatoes and spicy beans. The kids loved toasting their stick full of marshmallows for £1 It was a great experience!

We had booked some activities at the Adventure Centre for the whole family. The 'big 4' which consisted of a sky trail, climbing wall, the swing and the drop, The drop was out of action, but the other activities were great. The Swing in particular, was a great adrenaline rush, as you were hoisted up into the rafters and then dropped and swung . Both myself, my husband and our 7 year old Ben did it! I have to say, I'm glad I hadn't had a big breakfast!! The instructors were absolutely brilliant. particularly Frankie Goldsworthy and Mike Roberts. They both had a brilliant rapport with kids. My two absolutely loved them! They were so funny and really had the perfect way of encouraging them. A big , big thank you to them both for making our few days such fun!
I cannot wait to return to Bluestone to try out the activities in the steep ravine and enjoy pancakes at the bakery, something we didnt get round to! Thank you Blustone for making our daughter Ellies birthday so memorable. We will most definitely be back.

Room Tip: when we go again I will definitely try and get one of the lodges around the beautiful lake.
3  Thank Lisa W
#3 of 6 in Haverfordwest
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 23 in Tenby

Been to Bluestone National Park Resort? Share your experiences!