Bluestone National Park Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$278
TripAdvisor
Slebech Park(Haverfordwest)
$107
$94
$120
$105
Premier Inn Haverfordwest (North/A40) Hotel(Haverfordwest)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
$181
$146
Travelocity
Well Spa at Bluestone(Canaston Wood)
TripAdvisor
The County Hotel(Haverfordwest)
2,679 results
All reviewsthe pubblue lagoonon sitecamp smokeygreat fungolf buggyswimming poolwet roomall agesramsey lodgesoft playlazy riveryoung childrensmall childrenfolly farmcenter parcsfamily break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a wonderful long weekend here. It is a perfect size for our two toddler children (both under two and a half). You can walk everywhere with ease. The open plan Caldey Lodge was great to stay in. The indoor play area was fabulous as was the pool. The staff were helpful and friendly. We hope to go back for longer and use it as a base to explore Pembrokeshire. Great value for money, and for our age children far more appropriate than Center Parcs. Only one small negative was the lack of an outdoor playground but they are building one as we speak.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked the Caldey Lodge(Sleeps 4) for Fri-Mon 15th-18th March. On arrival, at the booking in Lodge at 5.30pm - which I queued for 1/2hr to get to, I was informed, by a lovely young lady that my Lodge was no longer available due to maintenance. But I was lucky enough to get an upgrade. I ended up having a huge Lodge (Carn Menyn area) which could sleep 8, more than enough for me and my friend. The views at the rear of the Lodge was of the Forest which was very peaceful. So glad I didnt book near the Lake or Village as I wouldnt have had the privacy that I had, with the other holidaymakers peering in. The shower rooms with underfloor heating were lovely and each bedroom was very clean. The kitchen was very well equiped, with 2 fridges and dishwasher. There is no wi-fi in the room for a Laptop, but it worked on my phone, so you need to bring an Ethernet cable. This was not advertised on booking or the website but only in the literature in the Lodge, which informs you that they can be purchsed at the village stores - A little sneaky I think.
At night, we had a pair of badgers visiting on the patio and were within touching distance - which I obviously dont recommend to touch them. It was a lovely surprise to see them.
I think the area is ideally suited to Adults with Children/Teenagers with the activities available within the resort. If you are a couple, I think you could get a cottage cheaper in Pembrokeshire without the inconvenience of walking to get to the car. Yes, there are buggies, but at £25 per day or £60 for weekend/mid week visit, this is quite steep.
A walk around the village was quite disappointing, it was far smaller than the promotional video/pictures I have seen and looked a little tired. The paintwork on the Cottages was green in areas, whether these will be re-painted in the summer season as it is still early in the year. The lake was also smaller than I had imagined.
Pro's of Bluestone: Lodges are well equiped and very clean. some areas are very quiet/peaceful. Facilities are great for children and very safe.
Con's - The TV was far too small for a Lodge to sleep 8. Village needs a clean/new paint. Car park location can be a nuisance if you want to visit the surrounding area and buggies are too expensive and you get wet in them anyway. Its really for Families with children.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet private area, the Carn Menyn is great, with the forest at the rear of some of the Lodges, especially numbers 15 to 23 as there is nobody behind you. If you dont want people peering into your room, keep away from the Lodges surrounding the lake or the Village.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank READY-EATER
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now in cottages and the lodges. The accommodation is always clean and well equipped.

The main attractions for our three year old son are the Blue Lagoon swimming pool and the Adventure Centre. He also thoroughly enjoys travelling around by golf buggy.

The only thing that lets the place down is the food. There is a high end restaurant which was good but pricey and not child friendly. All the other food available is expensive and not very good - lumpy mash and undercooked chips is not really excusable when you're paying £9 per plate.

Luckily the lodges are well equipped so you can make your own food. We will go back, but we won't be eating out so much.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidSkyrun
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had my second visit to Bluestone in March, we had requested the same lodge as previously and this was given to us. Great view of the lake.
We had also opted for an upgrade which gave us an early check in, a couple of bottles of wine and Spa session (for £25 per person). This was great value for money and started off our long weekend nicely.
The lodges are great, the wifi seems to have been significantly upgraded since our last visit. The resort in general is looking clean and well kept.
We ate in the Knights Tafarn, The Yard and Carreg Las - all goof value meals.
My only criticism of this trip was the staffing levels at the eateries. We had breakfast at The Yard one morning, it was quite shambolic. There seemed to be mainly one member of staff, greeting and seating, clearing tables, taking payments etc, while others seemed to appear occasionally from the kitchen.
Carreg Las, the fine dining restaurant had a great atmosphere and the food was superb. Again the staffing levels completely let it down. We only had one drink, as we could rarely find anyone coming near our table. We also had to wait a long time to get someone's attention to get the bill (and noticed other guests were complaining about the same thing). As a high-end dining experience, the service completely let it down, which was a shame given the standard of the food.
Overall a great stay, and will look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The lodges near the lake are lovely, with great views and a short walk to the village.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Bluestone, we stayed in one of the one bedroom cottages in the village.

The cottage itself was lovely, very modern and a large impressive bathroom, although there was a large patch of damp in the downstairs bathroom.

Our first evening we ate in the pub in the village. The food was average, but reasonably priced.

Bluestone is really handy for doing some local sightseeing, such as Tenby, Saundersfoot, Narberth and the Cwm Deri Vineyard.

The bakery onsite had some good cakes and muffins and nice coffee, and the shop was also a nice surprise as having been to centreparcs and seen how expensive their items can be in their local shop, Bluestone was not overpriced at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple