“Business Traveler”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calumet City
Antioch, Illinois
“Business Traveler”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Baymont for business for one week. The front desk treated me great (especially Cory) helping me find places in the area and directions within the city. Things were all quiet and they even had a smoking room so I didnt have to battle the weather Chicago had to give me! The breakfast was very convenient and I would definetly recommend this location to any business traveler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. If you are in the Calumet City area again, please stay with us again. Our staff works very hard and diligently to make sure all of our guest needs are properly addressed. If you need anything, please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards
Baymont Inn Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Burnsville
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hi.
I was in for a 2 night stay. I picked this hotel because it offered breakfast, workout room and single king sized non smoking room.
Boy was I disappointed. I tried to cancel for the 2nd night, but apparantely since I had booked it online I was not able to do that.
First. I arrived and was greeted warmly by David who helped me get into a room early. I made it up to my room, exicted to go and work out! The hallway was filled with cig smoke as well as Marijuanna, As I am one with chronic asthma, I steer away from smoke at all costs.. Very hard to do on this trip.
I went down to the work out room, (the main reason I picked this hotel) and was shocked. There was only a broken down eliptical machine which did not run.I tired to make it work, but it would not. I went back up to my room extremely dissapointed and upset.
The evening proved to be even worse, Loud music and more smoke kept me up until 1am...It seemed that everytime my neighbor smoked, it sucked right into my room. 3 times during the night, I woke thinking someone was actually standing in my room with a lit cigarret. It was horrible.
Day 2 was even worse. The police were called to the hotel twice. The hallways again, filled with smoke, as did my room. The breakfast consisted of all carbs.
I will not recommend this nor stay here ever again.
Suprena Kretchman

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Suprena K
Baymont I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Kretchman,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the workout room elliptical issue you had encountered during your stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention so I can take action. I will address these issues with my maintenance department. My sincerest apologizes for everything. We hope the next time you are traveling to Chicago, please contact me and we will be happy to help and serve you.

Kind Regards
GM-Baymont Inn and Suites
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was very dirty to begin with. We walked down to the pool area after we arrived, it was so humid in there you could not see or breathe. My boyfriend was not planning to swim, he was going to sit near the pool but wouldn't be able to here! After I got my daughter dressed to go swimming we were informed the pool was closed. When we walked down towards the pool- we noticed the ceiling caved in and was floating in the pool!!! Thank god we were not in the pool. The breakfast was terrible! No fruit, waffle maker extremely dirty, gravy that looked horrible! Our 2nd night we had some people above us that partied all night and we finally complained at 5am. They called upstairs to the room but the people were finally quiet around the time we got up for the day. Exercise equipment is broke and only 3 pieces of equipment. Will not stay again!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Guidette15
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guidette15,
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the experiences you encountered during your stay with us. We are in the process of repairing the ceiling which caused us to close our pool area in light of the safety and security of our guests. I will also speak with the staff about clenaing the waffle maker and ensuring that we are putting presentable food items on our complimentary breakfast. I will also have a discussion with entire staff regarding responding to our guests issues while they are on property. Once again, I thank you for your comments. Without them, we would not be able to address and correct the issues our guests are facing when staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business back when you return to the Chicagoland area.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Choice of hotels in this area is somewhat scarce. We chose the Baymont Inn for a short overnight stay while travelling through. I paid $108 including a pet fee and tax. I appreciate the fact that the hotels accepts pets but the hotel itself is more in the $50-$60 range in my opinion. The young man who was working the front desk during our check-in was extremely kind and very welcoming. However ... I have read the responses of the GM on Trip Advisor and feel like he/she is not being honest with everyone. (That is of course based on my experience here)

The hotel is filthy. The common areas are not well kept and appear not to have been cleaned in quite some time. The hallway floor just outside of the elevator on Floor 2 has a large hole that is covered by carpeting but you definitely feel it when you walk over it. The room is extremely outdated and and not well-maintained. As the photos depict, masking tape was used to hold up the corner trim on the wall in our room, there is a piece of wood by the bathroom doorway that appears to be a "cover up" for some type of issue, the wood has handwriting all over it, the parking lot is not maintained, and the bathtub was AWFUL. Dirty, stained, and we didn't even use it. (See photo) It is noisy and you can hear practically everything going on on your entire floor. During our stay I did not see "security" one time. The breakfast area was a total mess.

I try to be as fair as possible in my reviews and mention the good with the bad. In this instance, the only good was the front desk person. Everything else about this hotel is terrible. I would not recommend this location for families at all. I was so disgusted that I have forwarded a letter to Wyndham (with photos) and contacted the Wyndham Rewards customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank ScottHSH
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear ScottHSH,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the overall cleanliness and maintenance issues encountered during your stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention so I can take action. I will address all of the issues with both my housekeeping and maintenance departments. My sincerest apologizes for everything.

Please have a pleasant and safe holiday season.

Warm regards,
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City? Share your experiences!