“MY EXPERENCE AT BAYMONT INN &SUITES”

Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calumet City
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I WAS A guest on 7/21/2012 from the time of check in mr donald higgins was very very helpful an very nice mr higgins explained every options we had at the hotel the room was over all the room was in great shape smell good the staff was great me an my family enjoyed our stay the pool was in good shape an i felt safe while i was their i will be returning also the front desk clerk mr higgins need to teach a class to all the baymont front desk staff on how to be as nice an respectful as hem because he was very profesinal in all was thank you an i will be back soon an all my family

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BaymontCalumetCity, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your stay with us at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. Please consider our hotel in your future travel plans to Chicago or near by suburbs. We will be glad to accommodate you!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very rough area, bad service, not clean, and disgusting breakfast set up.. sticky!

- Didn't clean our room 1 of the 3 nights we were there.
- "shortage on towels"
- spend an extra 20 bucks and stay in a decent hotel. Area is not worth the rate..
there is fast food around and things like that, but a little on the scarier side :/

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
BaymontCalumetCity, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Lauren P,

I am the General Manager here at Baymont Inn & Suites here in Calumet City. I have read your response and have addressed the issues regarding continental breakfast. Our breakfast includes make your own belgium waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, milk and juice. As for the room service, I have addressed it with my staff and can assure you that they are working diligently to address any issues. I do extent my services to you, if you decide to come back and stay with us again if you are visiting Chicago.

GM-Baymont Inn Calumet City

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire, came to check in early, they told me to come back. I came back in the evening around 10:30pm and they had no record of my confirmation or record of my reservation. This hotel is in a really shady neighborhood. Bars on windows and doors all around. I felt really uncomfortable being in this area. Now I have a dispute with Hotwire and they are not refunding my money although I never stayed there. They wanted to charge me AGAIN for another room. So calling the hotel to work things out today they are telling Hotwire that I was there ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T EVEN STAY THERE. There were only men who I saw who were working there, yet the WOMEN who work there are LYING and saying that there were only women there. So basically I am being charged for a room I didn't even stay in!!!!!!!! Because of their errors! Do not go there. It is a nightmare regardless of if you went through what I am going through or not. They are liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been in a situation in all my life where someone has wanted to screw me out of money. I showed up to this crappy hotel on two occasions on the same day and they are telling Hotwire I was a no show. This hotel doesn't even deserve a rating!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Adrian B,

I am the General Manager here at Baymont Inn and Suites in Calumet City.I have read your response on trip TripAdvisor. Our staff at Baymont Inn and Suites are working to correct these issues. As for your complaint regarding "bars on windows and doors" our property DOES NOT have any bars on windows. We are part of the Wyndham Corporation and no property has such construction. Also, your booking on Hotwire I have contacted the booking agency and have been working to resolve the booking issue which has been on Hotwire's end and not in our reservation system.

Management

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel is located in the hood. I have worked in Detroit for 14 years and I feel more safe there then here. The pool is so dirty you can't see the bottom. The ro seemed ok but the pull out couch was hard as a rock. Lots of people coming and going from the hotel. The desk clerk said lots of people from the neighborhood stay there which is code for hang out. The hallway reeked of pot. We checked in and checked out within an hour because we didn't feel safe. Don't take your family there and better yet don't take yourself there!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear XPoorGirl,

I am the General Manager here at Baymont Inn and Suites. I have read your response posted to Trip advisor. I have addressed your issue with the pool and can assure you that this issue has been resolved. We do hope that in the near future if you decide to stay at Baymont Inn in Calumet City, I will personally assist you.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Baymont Inn for 1 week. I have been staying there every year for the last five years, and this year was not good at all. The first day (Sunday) we arrived, when we pulled back the linen to lay down, we discovered there was something like Bar-B-Que sauce or ketchup on the spread. Housekeeping was contacted and we received (what we were told) a freshly cleaned spread. They said that they wash the spreads every two days, but obliviously even though the previous guest had left, this spread was not cleansed.

The next night (Monday) we noticed the ceiling fan blades were very dirty. We notified housekeeping that next morning, the blades were “sort of” cleansed. I notified the manager (Nina) that the blades were still dirty, and my husband has allergies (this is why he has been sneezing). Nina offered to move us to another room, with our choice being the same type of double bed room or an upgrade to a king suite. The double bed room had a moldy smell, so we accepted the upgrade to a king suite, which appeared very nice and spacious, and had a full size refrigerator. However, when we looked at the ceiling fans they too, were very dirty. We contacted the Nina again, to have the ceiling fan blades cleanse completely, and not be moved again. This task was done after two attempted by housekeeping. We were happy until that night when we tried to use the microwave, and all the lights in the room went out. We reported this to the night clerk, who rudely said she could not do anything about it, there was not a maintenance person available; he is not answering the phone, she is only an employee and doesn’t know what to do. When we told her that we knew that the maintenance person stayed at the hotel, and if the lighting problem was not corrected, we would be reporting to a higher authority, she told us (in a very rude manner) that we could just check out. Shortly, the maintenance person appeared in shorts and bare feet (approaching us in a very aggressive manner in the people filled lobby) asking what did we plug in. He then said not to use the microwave, with no other explanations. This entire episode took over two hours.

The next morning (Tuesday) the maintenance person came to fix the problem, which took TEN MINUTES.

On Wednesday, we had purchased various items for refrigeration, and discovered the refrigerator did not cool, so we had to pack everything on ice (which really doesn’t work with some foods). This was reported, and we were told that there were no replacements available, needless to say we ended up throwing all we could not eat.

Thursday, was pool day, but the chlorine was soooo strong you started coughing when you walked in the hall and the odor was seeping into the room. When this was reported to the front desk, we were told that “OK”, and that’s it.

Saturday, no complimentary breakfast. I was in the dining area, and the clerk said this was her first day and didn’t know what time breakfast was supposed to start (this was at 7AM). That night the chloride fumes were so strong several of us had to put towels to our doors to decrease the amount of fumes coming into our rooms.

This hotel had gone WAYYYY down in service. I will NEVER, EVER stay here again. The staffs are not hospitality type personnel, and need to be trained, retained, or replaced (which we suggested to the manager). The manager seemed very nice and accommodating, and said everything we wanted to hear to be pacified. She stated could not compensate us, because we had already been given a discount at the senior rate and we had been upgrade with room. I told her the room was discounted at reservation time, and the room upgrade was at her insistence. All that was need was cleaning the ceiling fans.

I repeat, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

When we were leaving, I met with Davina, and conveyed her apologies. Due to family illness she had been off the entire time we were there. She did manage to discount our rooms, but I did let her know I will not be back. Good Luck Davina, you are a sweetheart, and your work is cut out for you.

Finally, everyone had on an ID badge that only said BAYMONT, no other name, so you did not know who you were dealing with.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool will have chlorine ordor seeping into the room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane N

Dear Jane N,

I am the General Manager here at Baymont Inn and Suites. I have read your response to this posting and have been working diligently to address issues that you had with our front desk associate, maintenance man, room issues and spoke with Davinia. We understand your concerns and I do hope that you return and will assure you that these issues will absolutely never arise.

Management

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I’ve done business with many hotels over the years and I must say that customer service at this location is excellent. I rented the banquet hall for an event that could have turned out to be a disaster if it was not for the efforts of Davina. She was understanding, professional and went out of her way to help me pull off a fantastic event. If it was not for Davina’s leadership and assistance the event would have been a complete failure. I thank God for her and the Baymont Inn. A great hotel with a second to none staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Lillie,

Thank you for your stay at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and our staff was available to assist you. Please stop in again soon if you are traveling to Chicago. We will be happy to assist you!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

SInce, I've been here for the last 3 weeks, she's been so nice to help me out with me and my 3 kids here at the Baymont. I truly thank you for the nice people specially Divina at the Baymont Inn & Suites.

Divina is very nice and sweet, she's very helpful

Room Tip: * " Corner suites are longer and sunny"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. We truly appreciate the kind words and I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Please visit us again soon when traveling to Chicago.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calumet City
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City? Share your experiences!