“Costa's is pretty good...nice little patio” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rockford, Illinois
“Costa's is pretty good...nice little patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've eaten here a few times. Sometimes we make the trip down from Rockford because my wife likes to eat there. I've never had their pizza, but I like the pasta dishes. The salad and bread are pretty good too. The prices aren't outrageous. I was surprised at some of the negative views I read here. I usually enjoy eating here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Oregon, Illinois
“Just fine. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is just a pizza place, that is decorated nicely on the outside. There is nothing must-have about this Italian restaurant. If you happen to be in Byron, you could do worse for pizza - but not worth making a special trip for.

Visited November 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Burned 2 out 3 visits”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We have been here 3 times. They are a little slow in seating and serving. The last visit is what killed the place for us. Myself and a friend didn't get what we had ordered. The pizza was not what she had ordered and refused it. I ordered the sausage and beef combo sandwich and only received a Italian sausage sandwich. When I received my bill I informed the services that I was only paying for What I received and not what we had ordered. The services was appeared put that she was going to have to reduce the bill. We have not been back since.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could use service training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere for small town and good food. Service is always bad

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dukes22
IL
“not getting any better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have eaten here many times, the pizza is fine, but they do seem to overcharge the prices when you have any food delivered. You can't win either way because the counter service for carryout is terribly slow. One item that is bad is their manicotti, I have no idea what they're doing there.

Visited April 2012

Been to Costa's Italian Ristorante? Share your experiences!