“Amazing wedding”

and 1 more site!
Crockstead Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Halland B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We recently attended a family wedding at Crockstead. It was a beautiful day (despite the rain), the restaurant looked beautiful, the food was excellent and staff could not do enough to help.
We had a great time and would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 which was very pretty - all french chic....bed was really comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lolly95
Crockstead, Manager at Crockstead Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

What a fantastic day it was, we are pleased that you had such a good time. Thank you for your feedback

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were the only people staying when we went. The setting was very pretty with lots of potential but not great service or food quality. On the Sunday eve when we went back to our room we had no milk and no toilet roll so went to reception and there was no-one there and door locked! Tried ringing but no answer, so we spent the whole night being the only ones on the premises - quite scary - is this legal? No heating or hot water when got up Monday morning. No apologies either!

Room Tip: Rooms fine, it was just everything else
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jill b

We are sorry that you feel that you have to put such negative comments about Crockstead. We appreciate feedback both positive and negative - it is a shame that you did not raise your comments with us whilst you were here though as we could have addressed them then, particularly as this is not the feedback that was given to the receptionist on check out.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over New Year in a family room which was large but v run down. Only one bedside lamp and this had no bulb, electric heaters that I know aren't allowed at my work because they are a fire risk and we switched them off as we were so worried about our children banging in,to them. Drawers had clothes in from previous guests and had obviously not been checked. Floors were dirty and we found false nails and clippings in our room. Good points - nice breakfast and beds were reasonably comfortable. Wouldn't go back though .

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank candy9999

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My partner and I stayed here at the end of November. The room was really cosy, nicely decorated although needed a good dust. There was a rather small TV wall mounted but we didn't even turn it on. There were tea & coffee facitlites and soap in the bathroom. We did have to ask for a second toilet roll though!
The bed was very comfortable. The shower was lovely but could do with a good clean.
The staff were wonderful, really friendly and happy to help without being overbearing.
The evening meal was of a very high standard, we had pate followed by chicken.
The breakfast was rather a cramped affair, there was a large wedding party and some people were sharing tables - there were no facilities for two persons eating. Breakfast was ok but nothing special.
I would go back to this hotel and would recommend it for a nice quiet weekend break.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last Sunday we thoroughly enjoyed a realy lovely meal at The Crockstead Farm Hotel. Alex the chef, did us proud, not often a chef can turn out a good tasty ribeye steak cooked to ones liking, he managed 12 (at least). The plates, dishes and food all came out piping hot, Made a nice change to have different vegetables and not the usual peas, carrots and brocolli! Waiter and waitresses were very good and attentive without being overpowering, nothing too much for them.
The log fire and Christmas decorations were a bonus, cosy, comfortable and a welcoming.
Would certainly book another function and reccommend to friends.
Thanks guys, especially Alex. Well done!

Room Tip: Used the hotel for a afternoon dinner and family gathering. Did not need to stay the night
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank williamellis
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here on a KGB deal (30/11/12-2/12/12 ) with my mum and sisters to celebrate mum's birthday. Fab location (only thirty mins from Brighton ), good sized room but tiny beds. However My main bugbear was the coldness. The radiators were set at silly times so that the heating didn't come on fully until you were already at breakfast and the room was cold by the time you were in for the night and preparing for bed! I literally had to sleep in my jumper (never done that before). Every time we turned over sleeping in bed and the duvet shifted exposing skin, the cold awoke us. It was a cold weekend widely forecast to all, so the hotel could have been better prepared. It did kind of spoil things.

Not too fond of the cat hairs all over the carpet, I had to shoo one of them away from our door, he seriously wanted to come in and join us. He must have been cold, not that being in the room would have helped him! Anyway I don't mind cats but I don't want them in my hotel room or on my bed, Sorry.

No biscuits on arrival and no hooks anywhere in the room, not even in the bathroom, had to hang my towel up in the wardrobe. On a positive note the shower water pressure was lovely, noisy, but lovely.

The cooked Breakfast was good, nice sausages, not sure about the cold breakfast selection, I have seen better, no fruit or yogurt. Also no fresh tea, they put out flask filled with the stewing tea bags, which by the time you drank was cold and too strong. Making fresh tea would be a welcomed (normal) service. In fact I have been on so many of these deals, I've lost count and this one had the worst spread.

So finally , the staff. Most were extremely young, friendly enough once you made the initial engagement but I found we had to do a lot of the work. it would cost nothing to smile when someone enters the restaurant and ask them if they would like a seat. Or even ask 'can I help you?'. Both For dinner and for breakfast one morning I had to ask, after waiting a few moments awkwardly 'Shall we seat ourselves?' . No big deal but every little helps. Once we spoke to staff they would engage but I wonder if everyone was a bit older whether they may have a little more life experience to be better able to engage with all types of people, no matter what they look like....

I wouldn't return to this hotel and I wouldnt recommend this hotel but with a few tweaks I'm sure it would be an ok short break.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here in November 2012 and found this hotel to be absolutely lovely. We had no complaints with the room or the location despite other reviews. The bed was comfortable and the room had everything you could possibly need for a short break. The staff which we had contact with were friendly and helpful. The hotel has 2 residents cats and on the first night we had the pleasure of sharing our bedroom with the one of these cats who came in through our open window and made herself comfortable on the bed. This wasn't a problem for us as we are both cat friendly :) We weren't able to make the most of the views as the weather wasn't particularly good for our stay but what we could see the grounds were beautiful and was nice to see the horses being exercised and the resident peacock was a joy to see. The ambience of the bar area is cosy and warm. I would recommend this as a place to stay if you are visiting Brighton and would like a quieter, more homely hotel. We stayed here on a KGB deal and value for money was excellent. We would definitely come back to stay here again. We had no complaints with the breakfast or the evening meal we had on the first night. A very relaxed atmosphere surrounded our whole stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halland
The Shelleys
#1 of 2 in Halland
White Lodge B&B
White Lodge B&B
#1 of 1 in Cooksbridge

Been to Crockstead Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!