“Lovely friendly hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Halland B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly hotel”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was a kgb deal and great value. The manager was really friendly and helpful and sorted out any minor problems very quickly. Breakfast was good and the evening meal was excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Initial multitude of small issues culminated into complete upset - having to ask for toilettries, insufficient loo roll left out, room phone not working, no bath mat (could've slipped on the wet floor), only able both nights to watch channels 1 & 2 as 3, 4 & 5 pixalating and having to ask for tv remote as one wasnt left in the room were frustrating enough, but it was the NOISE - our room (No 4) was at the very end and right next to where a 21st birthday function was goimng on Friday night - background loud base noise booming and therefore unable to even attempt to sleep until the function had ended. The room was very warm and it was a choice between having the window open and feeling cooler and therefore the noise would have been even more disturbing or ending up feeling groggy from over heating and with not knowing how long the music would last, we didn’t want to leave windows open for security reasons incase we fell asleep…. Busy weekend ahead we just wanted to relax and sleep at a reasonable time - this did not happen. At breakfast we asked the waitress if there was a night club near by and was then told of the birthday party held at the hotel. I further asked (as it was not volunteered) if there would be another function Saturday night and was told there was a hog roast, but we were assured it would be much quieter. Had slept badly Friday night for feeling very uncomfortable and frustrated. Slept even less Saturday into Sunday - actually virtually no sleep and needed to forfeit some of our plans for Brighton on Sunday as mum doesn't drive and I felt shattered and had a 2 hour drive ahead of me.Realised Saturday morning we had not been given the bottle of complimentary wine - not impressed at needing to ask for it. We got back from a fantastic day out Saturday, at 2120, noone at reception so we just helped ourselves to the key (saftey issues here for our belongings in the room as anyone could get the key as we had) …..noise from the function was exceptionally louder and totally disturbing. Noone at all on reception and no means of phoning to complain….Car park was over flowing and clearly the priority to the hotel was the function and not other guests as otherwise had there been concerns over our comfort, we would have been contacted to see if we were ok after we had complained of the noise the night before. Had to park outside the hotel itself as no room left due to function guests there for the evening and most not staying - therefore concerned over the safety of my car. Upon arrival I had asked what time breakfast was - was told its 0730. Sunday morning we tried to go to breakfast at 0740 and found reception locked, no lights were on - so we wandered around trying to find another way in…..then 0810 a young man opened up…..we queried what had happned and were told breakfast was at 0800 - so he was 10 minutes late unlocking and we were hanging around, to the point of almost giving up and just leaving the hotel TIRED, HUNGRY and UPSET. We over heard other guests telling this waiter, the same waiter we had fully advised of our issues to as there was noone else around and he did not offer to call anyone else, that they too had not had toilettries in their room…. What should and could have been a brilliant stay and turned out to spoil our weekend completley - just because we paid for a kgb deal we should not have received lesser service. KGB Deals fully refunded what we had paid - the hotel have been totally untruthful saying I had signed the guest book nwhen they replied to my complaint email "our customers are generally very happy as you have noted in our guest book" - I didn't even see the guest book!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank foximamma

Travelers are raving about these Halland hotels

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at Crockstead Farm Hotel using a Groupon Voucher deal.
The hotel is a lovely place, located in a very peaceful setting, and the rooms are quite spacious. All the staff we met were lovely and very helpful, and the food was very good, (the chef was extremely accommodating when I had a problem with my main course at dinner). My only gripe would be the standard of cleanliness in our room, especially the bathroom. I felt like it could do with a really good deep clean, and it was a bit dated. I completely agree with a previous reviewer who mentioned cleaning the toilet seat fittings, and the shower screen was definitely in need of a good scrib around the edges. Also the corners of the rooms would have benefited from a flick round with a feather duster. However, we did very much enjoy our stay, which was extremely good value with the Groupon deal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is the first review I've ever written so I'll try and keep it short! We arrived at The hotel to check in and were greeted by a very charming friendly man on reception, he showed us where our room was and offered us the free bottle of wine that we had included in our (KGB deals) booking.

Room was very nice, beautifully decorated and lots of nice touches. Shower was nice and hot, tv worked although not perfect reception (but good enough for a couple hours viewing). The only problem was the spiders which were in the corners of the room. They didn't move but they were there and it wasn't too attractive! Breakfast was nice but the same man who was on reception served us and I began to feel sorry for him as he didn't appear to have any help! He was the only staff member we came across in the two days we were there!!

I would throughly recommend this hotel, it was more than worth what we paid for it. I would recommend driving to Eastbourne Marina for dinner one night (25min drive) as it was beautiful and also Brighton seafront is about 30min drive so it's in a perfect location.

We are 2 25year olds and had a fantastic time there are plenty of things to do including enjoying a piece of countryside! Go and visit!

• Stayed September 2011
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay, the weather was perfect, the setting wonderful and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was worth the stay alone. Absolutely delicious.

Room Tip: Bridal suite very comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MARGARET B
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My room was large enough and pleasantly furnished and most of all clean (although I could have done without the cobwebs and dead spiders in the corners of the ceiling). I had several problems, including no remote control for the TV and a massively thick quilt on the bed, all of which were dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction. You can't ask for more than that! The food was good, although I waited 35 minutes one morning for my poached eggs, but that was unusual! Just a point - do you think you could remove the toilet seat and clean the fittings, please? The staff are an absolute joy, the food is good, the setting very pleasant indeed and, depending on the price agreed, good value for money. I would certainly stay again, due to the level of customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lauran1902
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I reviewed Crockstead when we very first booked our wedding and wanted to update it now we are married!

The staff are absolutely brilliant making it a perfect day!
As the day grew nearer and my e-mails to Ross the manager grew more frequent (and probably more confusing) but he was always very patient and really helpful.

My maid of honour and I stayed the night before the day then set up for the wedding in the morning, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, every time I needed something they immediately sorted it out for me.

The DJ they recommended, Disco Dave, was great and the two musicians (saxaphone and guitar) that we had heard playing at Crockstead on our first visit were a wonderful addition to our ceremnony which was held outside under the gazebo !

The day went without a hitch, the food was fabulous and everybody had a wonderful time, all saying what a perfect venue. We even had a card and a bottle of champagne left in our room that night.

What a perfect start to our marriage!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Annebo777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halland
Pelham House
#7 of 8 in Lewes
The BlackSmith's Arms
The BlackSmith's Arms
#2 of 2 in Halland

Been to Crockstead Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!