“We gave the Carvery a second chance as notice out side said New Chef”

The Forge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Halland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have in the past visited The Halland Forge Restaurant for Sunday lunch both on our own and with Friends, However the food t on Sundays had gone down hill. (There was a time that we were unable to eat there on a Sunday as it was so packed)

As we drove passed to day there was a notice outside advertising a new Chef and menu. We though we would give it a try!

The food was dreadful and worse then ever, the chef who served us seemed to be the old one.
The beef was dry and I could not eat it, the roast potatoes were Frozen and the vegetables medico and the Yorkshire pudding was flat and taste less.

My Partner had turkey which was the only part of the meal he enjoyed.

We are so disappointed and fill conned by the sign outside.

In fairness when we complained they removed the Beef and got out a fresh joint and I was offered another meal , but declined.

Not a place to stop at !

Have they got a new chef ?or is this just a ploy to win back some of their old customers , wont be going again.

2  Thank Teresa P

Reviewed May 12, 2014

A little outside of Brighton but when we arrived it was worth it for the brilliant Sunday lunch. Great cooking and plenty of food.

I loved the potatoes ! I suggest booking for Sunday roast- very popular with the locals too!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were passing The Forge at lunchtime today and decided to call in and sample the carvery. What a soulless place. It was freezing cold, no sign of the woodburner being lit and dirty cups on the tables. We ordered drinks, which were ok, but were then ignored by the huddle of staff behind the bar. The staff make you feel you are a bit of an inconvenience really. Despite it being 12.15 the carvery was not up and running. A number of tables were reserved and people arriving for lunch but we waited a good 20 mins and only saw Yorkshire puddings arrive on the hot counter. As no-one had bothered to speak to us we paid for our drinks and went and had lunch somewhere where we felt more welcome.

1  Thank Reggiethedog
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Would not return to this hotel, if you can even call it that!! Food was sub standard, rooms sub standard, staff sub standard!!!

2  Thank 573Mrs_m
Reviewed February 21, 2014

having stayed at the east and sussex golf and spa hotel de vere on the first evening for dinner we thought we would go out for the second night my husband saw this restaurant on his way back from the hotel and thought it looked really nice quaint and suggested that we eat there, so what we did we cased it seeing what it was like inside, went to the bar ordered our drinks and sat down with a menu baring in mind there was only one girl behind the bar and the manager out back. after figuring out what we wanted we both wanted the prawns which sounded really nice she then took our order went out back came back and then said " sorry we haven't got any", she could of told us at the bar, anyway we were then seated for our main because there was nothing else we liked. I ordered the steak which came with tomato, mushroom and homemade chunky chips I didn't want the tom and mushroom so I asked for salad instead. she brought the plate out with steak tom and mushroom so I told her and she came back with the salad but the chips were french fries that were frozen I was so annoyed and that made me unhappy, My husband ordered the homemade chicken pie and same chips and got frozen pie and french fries. it wasn't even busy just me and my husband and one other couple, plus she had such high shoes on she could barely walk. I'd wishrd we went to the Roebuck in Ashdown now because that was lovely.

1  Thank Tina634