Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
  • Pool
Willowbrook Inn(Willowbrook)
Econo Lodge(Willowbrook)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice stayeasy accesswould stay againroom was clean and comfortablemidwaychicagoexpresswaykitchenettedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The place has just been renovated, they did a great job.
I stayed there 6 months, and they took care of everything, right through the renovations.
If there are any problems, Brandi, the manager will take care of it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great newly renovated clean hotel, in a great neighborhood with lots of places to eat and shop.
I am in town on business and stayed in almost all hotels in the area and this one is the best value for your dollar by far.The staff is friendly and this hotel is comparable to hotels that i have stayed at that charge more than double the price.I wish i would have found this hotel sooner and saved myself alot of searching and trouble. I Recomend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the exterior doors are better so you dont hear people going in and out.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad S
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The room cost was $32 per night. Since I was booked on a flight at Midway airport early in the morning, I thought this hotel would be convenient. First, the person at the desk gave me a key to a room that was already occupied when I got to it. Luckily, they had put the safety lock on the inside or it may have been embarrassing for everyone. The room I received subsequently had wet, used towels in the kitchen and bathroom, urine on the toilet seat and floor and a bathtub that ran non-stop (not dripped - ran). I went to bed at 10pm. At 10:30, someone used a key and attempted to enter my room. Luckily, I had the inside safety lock on. I called the front desk and was told that it was a guest who thought he'd left his phone charger behind. Apparently the front desk had given him the key to check the room. The front desk person told me "not to worry about it, it was just a mistake and it happened all the time." Needless to say, I will not stay at another Extend Stay America again anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank leeu990
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Chicago - Burr Ridge. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is the second time we were assigned Extended Stay America and, unlike the first one near the Detroit area, this one is way worst even for the price I paid.

Maybe the praises first because the list is much shorter:
- close to I-55
- Probably one of the cheapest (see the List of Horrors below) around the Chicago area
- There was a small kitchen with relatively new fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster

Now, the List of Horrors:
1. Debris on the carpet (not sure what it was but probably some chips fallen off the walls)
2. Dripping toilet bowl
3. Smoking room assigned to us even though we booked a non through Priceline
4. Only one queen sized bed, not even a couch or sofa bed in the rooms
5. Stained carpet that felt damp and dirty when we walked in
6. Hairs found in sink in bathroom
7. Smelly rooms and hallways
7. Air conditioning's HIGH fan speed didn't work
8. Right next to a funeral home and dark neighbourhood that was quite difficult to find at night (didn't see the sign that another reviewer mentioned by the exit ramp of I-55)
9. Small and old 21" CRT TV that was impossible to watch comfortably from anywhere in the room
10. No shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer or even disposable cups in the bathroom
11. Not-so-friendly staff
12. A large pool of red liquid (possibly watermelon juice) was found and not mopped up from the elevator floor when we arrived
13. I don't consider myself a picky customer but I had to use my wife's towel at this hotel to avoid using theirs (which never happened to me before as I had used towels from hotels/motels all my life)
14. Pillows were small and not firms/supportive enough
15. No complimentary breakfast (didn't expect that for the price I paid anyway)

Since we had a party of three, we had to book two rooms due to the lack of a second bed. This effectively doubled our costs so I could've booked any other hotel (like Fairfield by Marriott we had the night before using Tripadvisor/Hotels.ca) that almost invariably has another queen sized bed or at least a sofa bed. Going from Fairfield to this was like falling from heaven to hell.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank GeneralZ
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed here about 4 years ago. It was decent for the price...convenient to I 55. So, I needed a place to stop for an early flight the next day from Midway and immediately thought of this place. Check in was difficult, the rooms are run down and dirty, and it feels more like a low rent apartment building, than a hotel.

Room Tip: My suggestion, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business