“Very Loud Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Macon, Ga.
“Very Loud Rooms”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff and room service were very nice. The accomodations for the meetings were very good and the attention to the service was second to none.The restaurant service and food was very good. The only complaint at this hotel was the room noise. My hearing is poor, but I could hear the conversation in the room next to me like they were actually in my room. When they flushed the toilet I thought I was at Midway airport. There was a half inch gap under the hallway door and the door connecting my room to my neighbors. I could hear people talking in the hall with my tv on. This is without a doubt the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was world class, now fix the noise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vibeguy
MarriottBurrRidge_IL, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Vibeguy

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to Burr Ridge, IL. Our team is thrilled to hear of your enjoyment regarding the services provided during your stay, including the use of our banquet and restaurant facilities. We also know how important it is to our guests to have a restful evening and our team wants to ensure that each of our guests is comfortable and relaxed. We do hope that you addressed any noise concerns at that time for our team to investigate and assist. We thank you for choosing the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge and hope to host you again.

The Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I spent a night here to relax away from the kids. Booked a king suite. The good: the staff is very friendly and helpful. The bad: the room is downright dirty. Hair all over the bathroom, hair on sheets, stains on carpet, drapes, and furniture. I have never seen a Marriott so unclean.
Pool area is nice but also needs some cleaning.
Called for extra towels and they came right away. Had to call three times for extra pillows.
Would not return here, which is a shame because the location near the shopping mall and kohler spa is great. Would have loved for this to be a place to return to periodically to unwind.

• Stayed July 2012
MarriottBurrRidge_IL, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear PMFANDME

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. Our team takes pride in hosting our guests and we are disappointed to hear of the opportunities during your stay. We encourage guests to provide active feedback during their stay so that we may address any concerns as an opportunity arises. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team as friendly and helpful. Your comments have been shared with the team as we continue our efforts to improve our services. It sounds as though you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Burr Ridge Village Center as it has multiple shopping and dining options. If your future travels bring you back to Burr Ridge to unwind, we would enjoy the opportunity to host you again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Staff at Marriott Chicago Burr Ridge should be exceptionally proud of themselves and their accomplishments. I've stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago and WOW! has it come a long way. From the welcome amenity, well appointed rooms, the comfortable beds and pillows, the Restaurant and Lounge and breakfast- everything exceeded my expectations. The hotel is in a quaint, quiet location with shops and dining options within walking distance. It provides a safe feeling, especially for individual travelers.
The most memorable part of my entire stay was the General Manager, Director of Sales, Business Travel Sales and Catering Sales Manager. They treated me like family, worked with me on networking to accounts I service in the area and were more than willing to help, join, and provide directions, anything I needed. I came back from that trip with more networking opportunities that I could've ever expected and a lot of great business for my team. I like doing business with people who do business with me. I would highly recommend this hotel, they genuinely care about their guests and it shows.

1 Thank redlegs10
MarriottBurrRidge_IL, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear redlegs10

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. We are excited to hear your trip to Burr Ridge was a success and that you were able to network the accounts that you service in the area. We look forward to your next visit. We hope to host you again, this time, sooner than the next 5 years.

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We have stayed in so many Merriott hotels and the major number of them have very good standart and quality. The hotel is located practically in front of the new Bur Ridge Village Centre wich is convenient. The lobby is nice but is in need of a refurbishment soon, since the centre armchairs were torn on the sides. Ou room was on the top floor good size with a comfortable bed and the basic bedroom features, nothing extra. But it was ok for us. I did expect breakfast to be comparable with other Marriott breakfasts, but I must say I was disappointed this time. Very plain, not so fresh choices and limited variety. All in all it's a good choice if you need to stay in that particular area. Not intended to be a base point on visiting Chicago since is pretty far away and you'll need a car to go about.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vsilva
MarriottBurrRidge_IL, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Vsilva

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and for choosing the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience. Your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as we are committed to improving our services. We are also in the process of finalizing the timeline regarding a lobby refresh and invite you to return to Burr Ridge when it is complete. Our proximity to the Burr Ridge Village Center is convenient for guest to access additional dining options and shopping.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel has a knowledgeable friendly staff that has made my stay enjoyable. Locally there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. If you want to go downtown but don't want to drive there's a Metra station several miles down the road. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable, and I do recommend staying here.

Dear Bryon S

Thank you for choosing the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. The team is delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the local restaurants and shops. It is also great to know that the knowledge and friendliness of our team has made your stay more enjoyable.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've been living at this hotel more or less since the beginning of the year due my latest work assignment. I'm from the Detroit area and head home on weekends, but otherwise have been staying at the Marriott Burr Ridge. My company is not far away and I've been able to spend several weeks commuting within a 1/2 mile radius. The hot breakfast buffet available through the concierge lounge or the hotel restaurant has enough variety for most of the time (but the Moon Dance Diner down the road is also excellent and usually where I eat lunch!). There's a fitness center on the lower level that is enough for standard fitness desires, but you can also get free passes from this Marriott to the Lifetime Fitness facility down the road (I still haven't been there yet) as well as some walking trails around the hotel area.

The staff is very courteous and always willing to help. When I first arrived, I asked for dining recommendations and got lots. The hotel restaurant is also decent, depending on what you are in the mood for. I like their daily soup options and have been able to make a few resonable substitution requests without problems when one menu ingredient or another didn't suit my tastes or dietary restrictions. I've also received great recommendations for things I might not have tried otherwise.

I've occasionally had issues with using the water glasses, but I suspect most just use the plastic disposable ones (I'm trying to be more environmentally frendly). I mentioned it in a previous review and had a message from housekeeping that told me their normal procedures and it hadn't really been a problem since. Most of my stays, the rooms are in great condition, very comfortable, etc. but you never know what a fellow guest may have left behind that wasn't easily visible for a routine room cleaning.

As other reviews have said, great hotel, excellent staff, comfortable beds, decent food options. My biggest occasional issues have been with inconsiderate other guests rather than anything within the hotel's control, but they have sent security to check/reinforce things like reasonable noise levels and smelling cigarette smoke when I've called, too (maybe once for each with over 75 nights stayed). I'll keep coming back here as long as my company keeps me here most likely. :)

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter and you can always unplug the in room refrigerator (usually...
Dear Mary L

Thank you for choosing the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. We know how frustrating traffic can be and appreciate that after a long drive from Detroit that you have chosen to stay at our property. It is great to hear that you have settled in and are exploring the wonderful Village of Burr Ridge. Please continue to keep an open line of communication with our team and if there is anything we can do to assist or improve your stay don’t hesitate to ask.

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Convenient airport shuttle with super friendly driver. Big, bright, clean room. Polite & informed staff. The fitness/pool area was very clean, with treadmills as well as elliptical machines.

The filet mignon at the on-site restaurant, Ciazza, was overcooked & oversauced. Next time I will try one of the nearby bistros.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MarriottBurrRidge_IL, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Christine C

Thank you for choosing the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. We are thrilled to hear you found our property to be enjoyable, especially our super friendly driver. I apologize that your filet was not made to your liking and hope that our team was able to provide other accommodations. As noted we are located in downtown Burr Ridge, which provides quick access to multiple shops and restaurants within walking distance for you to enjoy while visiting. We look forward to hosting you in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burr Ridge
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites

Been to Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge? Share your experiences!