“do not know ...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hinsdale, Illinois
“do not know ...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Something missing ... service ? quality of food ? menu pricing ? focus ?
They need help to solve the issues and plan their future otherwise ?????

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank js262626

Plainfield, Illinois
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my second visit to Luciano's and it was far better than I remembered. Our server, Jeaney, was wonderful.

My daughter had the frutti di mare ($27), which had an ample amount of clams, mussels, scallops and calamari (she got extra calamari instead of shrimp, go figure). She said it was excellent and even after sharing some with me, she had enough to take home for lunch the next day.

I had the chicken parm ($16) which consisted of a huge chicken breast cutlet and a side of pasta. I get it with meat sauce instead of marinara, and it was all very very good. The bread was hot and good, and the cup of NE clam chowder, while small, was excellent. Oh, and on Thursdays it is martini specials so you can get any brand (we each got Grey Goose) for $5.

I had a $25 restaurant.com certificate which brought the bill down to $31. I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you can get the certificate.

• Visited September 2013
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friend suggested Luciano's to celebrate my birthday. I was hungry for good Italian food. We went in at 5 p.m. without a reservation. We were seated immediately. They had exactly what we wanted on the menu. She had the Eggplant Parmesan and I had the Risotto Primavera. Our meal was excellent! We had several servers checking on us. When we mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday, they brought out a piece of chocolate cake with a candle and Happy Birthday drizzled on the plate with chocolate. I know that I will go back. My friend said that she will, too.

• Visited August 2013
illinois
“Open Kitchen, Wood-Fire Oven”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a nice place to grab a great dinner on the weekend. If you enjoy Italian food and love trying new, affordable wines, you will enjoy Luciano's. It is a calm, quiet, smaller restaurant with an owner who is on site, over seeing everything. He cares what you think about each dish, so let him know. It's not cookie cutter Olive Garden style, and it's not Chicago pricey. You will probably want to make reservations on the weekend, because it's not a large restaurant. Hats off to the chef!

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“We had High Hopes”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had made reservations and had arrived on time. We stood at the entrance in front of the Hostess Desk for 10 Min with no one waiting on us, I even walked into the dining room several times with my coat on standing and asking for help, but no one seemed to care. At one point the guy who I think is the manager came to the desk, took two menues and said to wait while he found a table (there were tons of empty tables). He left us and never came back. Finally a busboy seated us after 15 min of waiting. Unbelieveable start.

We ordered a bottle of wine that the waitress could tell us nothing about. Lucky for us it was a good bottle of italian Red. We ordered Goat Cheese Alforno, which we enjoyed.

Our entres came with Tomato bisque. We had a couple of spoonfulls, but it was way too salty. Not good at all.

My wife ordered Chicken Marsala, and said the dish was delicious. I had angel hair with meat sauce, sausage and a meatball. It was good as well.

We ordered the cheese cake after a recomendation form our server, to later be told they were out (at 8PM??) We ordered Capacino and they had no taste, very milky and watery.

We found the lighting to be way to bright and very weired old fashioned music that we didnt enjoy. Service was poor. Once we paid we put out coats on and left, no one said good bye, i ont think anyone cared that we were even there.

This could be a good restaurant, the decor was nice, it is in a great location and they have a wood fired oven. It needs a manager in the worst way, because the food over all was good, but service not. We used to be regular's when this building housed Balducci's and we got used to Mr. Balducci greating us when we arrived, thanking us when we left and making sure that service was good. Luciano should take a lesson from Mr Balducci, or they will be out of business soon.

• Visited February 2013