“A bit too fancy”
Review of Wok N Fire

Wok N Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wok N Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Burr Ridge
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-55 & County Line Road
Description: http://www.woknfire.com/home.htm
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I come here on and off and every time I hope to get a real surprise but so far it didn't happen. The atmosphere makes you think it's a bit fusion type of food but in fact it's not. Real straight forward and nothing really stands out. The plates are huge and I've never been able to finish it in one go. Why keep serving these big plates? Quality is better than quantity!

If you're sitting close to the bar you will notice that every other minute or so the light changes from green to red and blue which is quite annoying because the lights are also bright. The service is good.

I will be coming back to see if one day I get that real surprise but so far it didn't happen.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My experience was great. The sushi chefs handed me an excellent seared yellowtail sashimi with a spicy sauce as soon as I sat down. Ordered an unagi nigiri, red snapper sashimi, crazy roll and cashew stir fry. Only 1 person so lots of take away for 2 more meals. All excellent except the red snapper, a bit grainy. Topped of by a fun sculpture made from an orange prepared by the sushi chef. The ambience is fun with interesting details and ever-changing colors. Definitely will return.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fun and tasty lunch at Wok N Fire. We both loved the seared tuna salad, it was cooked exactly as we ordered it. The sushi was very good and you should try the St, Charles roll. The Spicy Shanghai with scallops was also perfect, very tender and a light breading on the scallops with very fresh veggies and large noodles. We also enjoyed the Mongolian stir fry with steak. The decor is fun and the large booths make for a very private dining experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our first time at this place and the atmosphere seeem caverneous with the ceilings seeming to be far our of sight. Tall bathoom doors. Almost like a bigger than life feel. All the decor seemed stretched to the limits.

My wife and I had lunch. We ordered off their lunch menu. We had Fried Calamari as a n appetizer and we both ordered the sushi platter. The drinks recommended was a homemade ginger ale. This was not a sparkly ale but more like a chilled ginger tea. It was not what I expected but quite refreshing no the least.
The calamari did not pass our calamari test....our guage of the food to come. We're sushi/shashimi lovers too. The clamari was a little rubbery and oil laden. The sushi platter had a mix of sashimi and sushi rolls. These were OK but nothing exceptional.

Bottom Line: Services was good and we might visit again for the evening to see if there is a difference but would probable recommend something different.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Have been to this Wok n Fire several times. The decor is nice with the high back booths and slowly changing accent lights. My husband loves their sushi. Said its the freshest fish he has had. I love the Yakitori beef appetizer. We never leave without our fave desert Sesame banana fritter. So delicious. I highly recomend. The price is steep but for how good it is I will take it in stride