“For special Occasion dinner & accomodated special needs guest”
Review of Eddie Merlot’s

Eddie Merlot’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Burr Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burr Ridge Parkway
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
TXAggieLady
“For special Occasion dinner & accomodated special needs guest”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I had dinner with a peer in his late 80's and his son to award a plaque and they accommodated his special need and wheelchair magnificiently. The food was excelelent and the service was impeccable. We arrived early and took advantage of the drink specials at the car. not enough seating but we managed to squeeze. Great for power dinners or to impress someone.

• Visited June 2013

“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Service was so slow ... had to keep getting up to find a server. don't even remember the food because the service was so bad. Lovely place, but staff needs training. Also - expensive - not worth the price at this stage of the game.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank almost-retired-now
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I dined June 1. The service was outstanding! We aren't wine drinkers but our glasses were never empty. Our server was wonderful and kept our meal perfectly paced and relaxed. The General Manager came by and chatted to make sure all was well. The Barbecue shrimp was great, the New Orleans mixed grill was outstanding, the filet was so tender and perfectly done and the cheesecake and chocolate cake were amazing. We were more than comfortable at our table and never once felf neglected by the staff. We had a wonderful experience and were delighted we chose Eddie Merlot's. We had actually expected to spend more than we did and were blown away after all of the mixed reviews.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday for lunch at Eddie Merlot's today. First of all, this is a beautiful restaurant--the decor is stunning, especially the bar area.
The food: the Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes was delicious & perfectly cooked at med. well; my husband really enjoyed the New Orleans mixed grill--a combination plate of Filet Mignon, sausage and shrimp, with just the right amount of "kick".
The service: the only problem is that the service is very slow after we received our entrees. There were only 2 waitstaff for a fairly busy lunchtime. We arrived at 12noon and finally left at 2:30pm.
We explained to Jim, our waiter that we were celebrating my birthday; but he did not offer the complimentary cupcake for dessert.
We did order the cupcake anyway, but it was not "complimentary".
This is our second visit at Eddie Merlot for lunch and we experienced the same slow service the first time.
We also had to ask our waiter twice for the club membership information.
Not sure if we will return, the price point is similar to another popular steak house in Oakbrook (G), where the service is fantastic.
Loved the decor & food, but not the service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KMSIndianHeadPark_IL
“Prime steakhouse in Burr Ridge”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very nice restaurant, both the main dining room and the lounge area are very nicely appointed. The two story, glass enclosed wine room in the main dining area in quite impressive. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and very attentive. One gaff, my salad arrived before I had finished my soup. The wine list was very extensive, but clearly listed the wines by color and intensity. Wines ranged from $30 on up. They had an excellent selection of wines by the glass.

Merlot’s claim to fame is their steaks, so both my wife and I had a nice wet aged hunks of unadorned beef. The NY strip steak was done perfectly as was my wife’s ribeye. The meat was flavorful and juicy and worth the price of prime aged beef. The menu had an extensive list of beef entrees, but also many seafood entrees as well. Pricing was very reasonable (not inexpensive) for the quality of the food.

The rest of the meal was not as memorable. The lobster bisque, which was the featured soup du jour, had a very subtle lobster flavor compared to other lobster bisques that I have had. I prefer a more intense lobster flavor of a bisque. The soup du jour was listed on the menu for $8 but I was charged $11, which was not explained by our waiter upon ordering. But the serving size was quite large. There were nice small chunks of lobster in it. I had the wedge salad that was nicely proportioned but lacked the intense kick of blue cheese I am used to in steakhouse wedges. It was just OK. My wife had the chopped salad that had nice chunks of artichoke hearts with a very flavorful creamy herb dressing, definitely recommended. We split an order of creamed corn that we could not finish because of the size of the serving, big enough for two or three.

A pet peeve of mine is when waiters present the specials (of which there were two seafood entrees) and do not give out the price without being asked, as was the case at Eddie Merlot’s.

• Visited May 2013