SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our hockey team recently traveled from the Minneapolis Metro area to Chicago for a hockey tournament. We were required to stay at an approved property and thus, SHS @ Burr Ridge. It was not the closest nor most convenient to the rink however, it was easily accessible traveling into town (west side of Chicago). The property is dated (per previous reviews) but very well maintained. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. Abi (Sales) helped us out a great deal by providing us with a little early breakfast help for our team as they would be out before the breakfast service started. How fantastic and greatly appreciated!! It would be nice to have a hospitality suite or area. There were literally three teams that took over the lobby and ordered pizza on Saturday night. It worked well and is centrally located and we were able to keep an eye on kids in the pool. Overwhelming for the front desk single staff ? This would be a very nice feature / option / $ generator if considered in future renovation efforts. Slow Elevators would be the only ' complaint ' but, everything else was very well done. We'd stay again!

Room Tip: May want a lower floor to be able to use the stairs - slow elevators. Not by the ice machine....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunnynaples1
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hi Sunnynaples1.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize but am happy to hear that while we weren't the closest, we were easily accessible for you and your team. It's nice to hear that you found our overall condition to be well maintained and our staff, even me (thanks for the shout out!) to be very helpful and accommodating! Your players need to eat well in order to play well, right? Glad we could help in that area! I will definitely make a note of the staffing and the elevator when it comes time for renovations. Thank you again, many safe travels back to Minneapolis and many future victories!

Abigail Nelson

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this SpringHill Suites. We had recently stayed at a newer SpringHill Suites in PA, so couldn't help but compare the 2 properties. This one was spacious but looked a bit tired in terms of decor. It could stand to be updated. The rooms were still clean and well appointed. The front of the hotel looks out onto a small lake with exercise paths surrounding it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen P
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hi Karen P.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are very excited about all of the new SpringHill Suites being opened and the new re-openings of the ones that just completed renovations! We are scheduled to undergo renovations as well at the end of this year so that we can be more in line with the new designs. Our Hotel though still remains in great condition and the suites are very spacious and clean, as you found. We do overlook both the small lake and a walking path for those that like to get outdoors! Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing you after the renovations!

Abigail Nelson

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed for business meeting. Clean and spacious suite type room. Free wifi, nice breakfast in spacious lobby area, very pleasant staff. Free parking, convenient location off I-55. Small but adequate fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chuck C
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Chuck C.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite, complimentary wireless internet (we just went and upgraded it not too long ago), our breakfast and most wonderfully, our staff. Our fitness center does have both cardio and free weights which seems to work just fine as you've found. Thank you again and go Wisconsin (March Madness!).

Director of Sales and Catering

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We used SpringHill Suites for our son's wedding on March 1, 2014. In addition to having a block of rooms we also rented the Route 66 Room from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. on Saturday and from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. Further, we also reserved the shuttle service for transportation between the hotel and Belvedere Chateau Banquet Hall.

The rooms were very nice -- clean and the beds were comfortable.

I did question why I had to pay the same price for our rental of the Route 66 Room on both Saturday and Sunday, even though there was quite a difference in the amount of hours for which the room was reserved each day -- and was told that I had received a discount off the regular price anyway and it was the same price each day no matter how many hours for which it was reserved. Considering we were not able to use the Route 66 Room after our wedding because of the terrible shuttle service, I believe these amounts should have been adjusted further.

We received the shuttle service for free because we had over 10 rooms booked but the service was subpar at best. We had the option of up to 6 shuttle runs. We were scheduled for 5 runs (2 going to the reception and 3 for the return) but shortly after scheduling them I was asked to shift my pick-up times after the wedding. I was asked to switch a 12:00 a.m. (and two additional after 1:00 a.m.) to two pick-ups at 1:15 a.m. and another at 1:45 a.m. There are only 2 shuttles available (technically to seat no more than 12 people) and on the day of our wedding noticed that another wedding at SpringHill had a pick-up at one of the times I was asked to give up. Our shuttle driver at the 5:15 p.m. pick-up to Belvedere was very good and the people who used the second shuttle also had no complaints.

The shuttle pick-up at Belvedere was horrendous. It had started snowing in the late afternoon and I am sure that played a part but, as with any other service, the shuttle service should adapt to the weather conditions by leaving early, etc. if necessary. But that was probably impossible because the two shuttles could already have been running behind with the earlier wedding's pick-ups. If we had that 12:00 a.m. pick-up, even if it was late, it would have been better than the very late times our 2 (not 3 as scheduled) shuttles showed up. Yes, we waited and waited for the pick-ups. During one of the many calls made to the front desk person by any number of people waiting for the shuttles we were told that someone from the earlier party pick-up (the other wedding) had "regurgitated" on the shuttle and it was being cleaned. We asked for a night manager and was told that the gentleman at the front desk was the only person there. We also asked if he could contact the shuttle driver to see where he was and were told that they had no contact with the shuttle driver. Our first pick-up arrived at 1:40 a.m. not 1:15 a.m. as planned. During the course of his taking an extra full shuttle back to SpringHill we received texts from people on the shuttle that the driver did not know his way back to the hotel. We had a number of out-of-town guests on that shuttle but luckily there were a couple people from the area that could guide him back to the hotel. He also took local roads as opposed to 294 which probably would have been safer in the snow. Was he trying to save himself a toll? Our shuttle driver at 5:15 p.m. took 294 and paid the toll. Our second shuttle pick-up arrived at 2:15 a.m. or 2:20 a.m. He may very well have been the same driver that came at 1:40 a.m. but I'm not sure because everyone was very tired and annoyed at this point and just wanted to get back to the hotel. He also took local roads instead of the cleaner 294. How can a shuttle driver not know where he is going? How can you not have any control over a service your hotel is providing to it's guests by not being able to contact the shuttle drivers? By the time we got back to the hotel ....and by the way the second shuttle had most of the wedding party and parents aboard, it was too late to utilize the Route 66 Room we had reserved for some snacks after the wedding.

I did talk to Abby at SpringHill about this situation a week after the wedding. She said she would check into it and get back to me but never did.

I would have no problem staying at the hotel again....but would never recommend anyone using it for their guests for a wedding, especially the shuttle.

This experience ended my son's wedding day with a bad memory that myself, my son and his wife, and our other guests will remember when remembering the rest of a wonderful day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Terry M

Hi Terry M.

Thank you for using our Hotel to host your son's wedding group and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize about the confusion in the room rental, it was discounted from our usual fee of $350.00 per day to $150.00 due to it being on the weekend. Your daughter-in-law expressed concern that no one would want to leave at midnight since the wedding didn't end until 1am so the times were switched to accommodate her. I apologize that the shuttles were late, the six inches of snow falling was tricky, but we encourage our drivers to take the safest routes for themselves and our guests and we trust their judgement in selecting which streets and highways they are most comfortable with. And again, I do apologize but we cannot give out our employees personal cell phone numbers to guests and Illinois has also gone hands-free while driving which means that they would have been restricted in answering. I can assure you that the Front Desk did reach out to them to make sure they were headed safely to the reception venue. I am more than happy to speak with you again in more detail in regards to your event.

Director of Sales and Catering

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I checked in only yesterday (3/19/2014) after leaving a DISGUSTING Holiday Inn a few miles away. After having to argue with the Holiday Inn staff about not willing to pay for a day where there was no hot water and I needed to check into another hotel JUST to shower, I was a little crabby upon arrival at the Springhill Suites. At check-in, Lawrence made my mood turn for the better! He was so friendly, so helpful, and I could tell that he really cared about my experience at the hotel. After everyone in the group dropped their bags, he said, "let's talk restaurants". He asked what we would like to eat and what type of atmosphere we prefer. Once he suggested a few places, he gave us a listing of all the restaurants in the area with addresses. Upon our return, he asked how everything was and if we enjoyed ourselves. I know this doesn't seem like much, but you would really have to be there in person to appreciate the customer service received by this man. So amazing, that I HAD to come on here just to give him credit! He really epitomizes "customer service"!!!!!!! Thank you, Lawrence!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking a minute to write a review on Trip Advisor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the things our Hotel has to offer. I am thrilled to hear about the customer service that you received from Lawrence; we think he is pretty awesome & love hearing our guests tell us that they agree! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lawrence and his supervisor. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to the Chicagoland area, until then, safe travels.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The breakfast was good. The hotel was clean & quiet and it has a pool. The hotel had good service. The staff were courteous and polite. The hotel rooms have fridges/microwaves and free WiFi.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Bemajedareki W.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking a minute to write a review on Trip Advisor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the things our Hotel has to offer (a hot revamped breakfast in the morning and upgraded wireless internet service). Our staff is wonderful so I'll make sure to pass on that they made a good impression on you! Safe travels.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel is nice, but I am woken up or simply cannot sleep because of the incredibly loud heating unit constantly cycling on and off. My colleague in another room on a different floor complained of the same.

Room Tip: bring earplugs for the heating/AC units....absolutely obnoxious
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ANelson7530, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Meredith King

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale? Share your experiences!