“Great Hotel - even better staff”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great Hotel - even better staff”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel just a couple of weeks ago. The location was very convenient, as we were doing a three state trip in three days. The hotel was clean and inviting. The room was large and well appointed. But what truly made our stay incredible was the warmth and graciousness of the staff. Each and every person that I interacted with was very friendly and professional and seemed to be happy to be at work. What a great testimonial for the management!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Kathyrubinx2.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you found everything to be so wonderful! Our location is ideal- right off of 55 and close enough to downtown but without the downtown prices and the spaciousness of our suites is something that makes our brand stand out! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to hear that our staff made a lasting impression on you! We have some pretty great people here! Thank you again and safe travels on your next three state trip!

Sales and Catering Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tucson
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We selected this hotel based on previous experiences with the Springhill group in Fairbanks and other locations. It was quite higher in cost than we normally pay, but wanted a location that would allow us to get to Midway Airport easily. We were extremely disappointed in the facilities and staff’s help.

The refrigerator was not getting things cold. The phone in the room did not work to call an outside local number. I tried different ways and even went down to the front desk and they said it should work - it still did not. The phone did not even work to call the front desk or for a wake-up call the next morning. It only worked when I called the hotel operator.

The light in the bathroom was so dim it was difficult for my wife to see and take a shower. The light over the sink area did not always work. The light by the bed did not work - the plug as pulled out and one of the outlets did not work when I plugged it in. The clock radio was impossible to program for an alarm - I always like to have a back-up plan ready.

My wife and I are completely dissatisfied with this hotel and will contact Trip Advisor that people should stay away from this hotel. Something must be done to bring this hotel up to the standards of the Marriot brand name. The hotel needs a full refurbishing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Juridil.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that we failed to maintain the service standard set by our other SpringHill locations. Our goal is always to 'wow' the guest and deliver great personalized and consistent service across the brand. I will follow up with your concerns and bring them to our maintenance department. I would be more than happy to provide an update for you if desired. Thanks again and safe travels.

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We initially chose this property because the photo used online for the listing looked so nice... It is even better than the picture! While the location exceeded our expectations and needs for our visit to the area, the staff and cleanliness of the entire facility did so even more. Throughout our week long stay, the staff were very engaging, friendly and very polite, making us feel extremely valued as guests. Each morning the breakfast bar was over-flowing with generous quantities of food and was constantly topped-up by the host. The rooms are comfortably appointed (could use a few plates and utensils in the kitchenette) and quite spacious, featuring a work, rest and relax area. Perfectly situated just off I-55 to rebuff the highway noise, this SpringHill Suites is ideally located close to shopping, dining and beautiful parks.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 'backside' of the property are quieter Metra Train station very close in Hinsd...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Lmtrebor.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you did your research when reserving a hotel and am even happier to hear that you found us to be even better than what you saw online! Yay! Our staff is one of the reasons why we are able to maintain the number one spot on Trip Advisor- they are just awesome! Our breakfast bar was recently updated to include even more options so I'm glad to hear that you are loving the new improvements! Lastly, I'm glad the suites were comfortable enough to relax in and structured enough to help maintain your productivity. Thank you again and safe travels!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We checked in early morning on Saturday, but the front desk was welcoming. The hotel was busy with a family reunion during the long weekend, however Zach paid attention to my queries on how to avail a shuttle to the train station. We had a large room enough to accommodate every member of the family. It was quite a distance to downtown, be prepared to take the train and have your change ready for the bus.

Room Tip: Plan your schedule, ask the front desk for a complimentary shuttle; they accommodate drop off withi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi Cecille C.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you found our Front Desk, especially Zac, to be welcoming, accommodating and helpful! Our suites are quite spacious and our shuttle is definitely an added convenience! Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a huge fan of Springhill Suites in general. This hotel had it all! Great safe location, clean, spacious rooms and lobby, helpful and super friendly staff, easy parking and access to highway, nice indoor pool. I wish breakfast was open later on weekdays but that is not really a complaint. If I ever visit this area again I will choose this hotel again definitely.

• Stayed August 2013
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Amyhere2.

Thank you for staying with us and for witing a review. That's wonderful that you are such a fan of the SpringHill Suites brand and that we did not disappoint! I will definitely pass along your note about breakfast hours. Thank you again and may you have many more successful and wonderful stays at SpringHill Suites!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I hosted my family reunion here and, Abby Nelson was my sales rep. Ms. Nelsons professionlism was awesome. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was wonderful. All of my guests had a beautiful time here also, the children loved the pool.I would use this facility again for any event that I have.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Ddeboralewis.

Thank you for staying with us, for selecting our hotel to host your family reunion and for writing a review. I am glad that I was able to assist you with your event. Also very glad to hear that they enjoyed the cleanliness of our suites, breakfast and pool. Thank you again and wishing you many more happy family reunions!

Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Room was clean and orderly.
Bed was comfortable.
Lobby and breakfast facility was attractive, clean and welcoming.
Staff was very friendly & helpful.

Would recommend for a good value and quick stop.

Location was convenient to the expressway, some shops and restaurants. Very safe and suburban upscale location.
Expect a bit of a trek to get to downtown Chicago.

Little cons: Bathroom was below standards, small and clearly refurbished. Shower drain was slow. Kitchenette was clean but small, so if you've got a need for family space, keep in mind.

Room Tip: Executive king suite was priced the same as king suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi 5ForVacation.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. Thank you again for recommending us as a good value because of our suites, lobby, location and security. Many safe travels to you!

Sales and Catering Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burr Ridge
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale? Share your experiences!