“Pretty good hotel in GE suburbs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale

SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
“Pretty good hotel in GE suburbs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I was on a road trip when I stayed at this hotel. The room is spacious, hotel has free wifi and hot breakfast. The hotel is situated off a freeway with no restaurants in walking distance. But just a couple of miles away, there are several of them, so the location is not bad! If you are looking to go downtown, then this is not the place to stay.

Overall, I liked this hotel and my stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hi Lodget.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. A road trip? How exciting and full of fun memories and experiences! All of our rooms are spacious studio suites designed with travelers who enjoy being able to spread out. I'm glad you were able to discover all of the restaurants available to you that are only a five minute ride away. We also provide complimentary shuttle service to/from based on appointment and availability. I always have such a hard time choosing between Capri, Dao Sushi, Wok N'Fire, Cooper's Hawk, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc! On your next road trip, keep in mind we do offer shuttle transportation to/from the Hinsdale Train Station that can have you downtown in about 30 minutes flat and without the burden of parking costs! Thanks bunches and many safe and happy road trips to you!

Sales and Catering

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. Everything listed in the headline is true. The hotel is about 20 min from downtown, and quite reasonable. Rooms are suites with fridge, microwave, and sink for dishes. Staff is professional and friendly. My stay was very nice...if I am seeing clients in the burbs again, I would stay here for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi stlpilot.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to post a review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you took a minute to check us out before staying with us and even more glad that you found all of the things said about us to be true. We look forward to your next trip!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My company frequently reserves a meeting room space to hold classes at the Springhill Suites in Burr Ridge. The space is reasonably priced, the hotel is easy to access from the freeway, and Abby is always great to work with!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi Rebecca S.

Thank you so much for your loyalty and positive review that you posted. Your groups are always such a pleasure to host and I'm glad that we are such a convenient, reasonably priced and nice option for you to hold all of your events at. Thank you for the personal shout out as well! Looking forward to seeing another session!

Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We picked this for the location, and generally good reviews and price. The king bed was among the most comfrtable we have encountered. Staff friendly, everything clean, very nice free breakfast. Nice pool. But one great drawback - depending on weather! The heater/air conditioning unit fan is terribly noisy, and it's right alongside the bed. Luckily the outside temp. was such that we could just leave it off. But I believe that if it had to run, I could not have gotten a decent night's sleep. If you do stay there, and except for the noisy HVAC unit it could be 4 stars, note that driving from the north end of the frontage road, there is NO visible sign with the hotel name. Apparently due to local ordinance according to the general manager. Just a small sign with a flower and the word entrance at the road. Once you drive past and look behind you, there is a big sign at the top of the building.

Room Tip: Don't go if you will expect to run the heater/aier conditioner unless you can stand the noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi Mensch18.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. I'm very glad that we lived up to our positive reviews in regards to our friendly staff, cleanliness of our facility, quality of our breakfast, state of our nice indoor pool, convenient location, reasonable price and extremely comfortable beds. I do apologize about how noisy our HVAC unit could have been and the lack of signage along Frontage Road. Our Front Desk agents are happily ready to assist in giving directions in the occurance that you would have needed it. Thank you so much for your feedback and safe travels.

Eastlake, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a weekend in july to visit downtown Chicago. I used Marriott rewards points to pay for the room and thought it was a good value at a category 2 in terms of paying just 20000 points for 2 nights. The hotel has good freeway access but if you head downtown or are coming back it can take p to an hour in rush hour or bad traffic. Otherwise, it is about 20-25 minutes drive downtown. We liked the beds in the room and the breakfast was better than expected. The room had a very strange set u though and we really disliked having the sink outside of the bathroom. Every time someone had to use the sink while others were sleeping it woke us up. The tub/shower was extremely/small. If you have small children that need bathing, the bathroom is far too small to bathe and dry them. The worst part though was the pool. Windows were very dirty and it was quie obvious it had not been cleaned in a few days. While swimming with my son, I noticed several dead bugs n the deck area around the pool. The more I looked, the more bugs I found. In all, there were 20-25 dead bugs around the pool, all dead, ad they looked like small cockroaches. I told sheila at the front desk about this, and she called "Jose" but never made an apology. When we checked out, I spme tmthe front desk manager(Meredith. Til) and she credited me with 10000 points back.
This was borderline n being sufficient for me. In addition, the a/c had trouble and the internet took forever to get it to work. I think we would stay somewhere else next time, although it's hard to beat 10000 points per night. But I'm not staying anywhere where I see bugs all around the pool.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hi Jimmy25492.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. Isn't Chicago rush hour traffic the worst? It takes about 40-60 minutes to get anywhere in it no matter where you're starting point! Glad to hear you enjoyed the beds and the breakfast and will definately take your notes about the set up of the bathroom to our management company for consideration before renovations start. We are sorry to hear about the pool situation and for the water bugs that you reported seeing. Very happy to hear that Meredith was able to resolve your issue and at the time, left you with a satisfied result. Thank you.

Vicki Kroll, General Manager
Abby Nelson, Sales and Catering Manager
Meredith King, Front Office Manager
Doris Valesquez, Housekeeping Manager
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room sofas & chairs are TERRIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE! It is impossible to sit on them for more than a couple of minutes without hurting all over! We visit your area every year for a family get together & would really love it to have a comfortable place to relax after busy days with the family.

The beds are terrific & so is everything else except the room coffee, but that I can live without it until I send my husband to the lobby. It would also be nice if there was a pot of fresh coffee when checking in & after a long day of sightseeing & visiting as many of the hotels are doing, some even have freshly baked cookies. Ok, I can live without the cookies. We really do love your friendly & helpful staff. Thanks so much for the great breakfast & the great staff who run it, even by letting us know if they are getting ready to close in case we want to catch something else. How thoughtful! See you next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi JMSFairfieldGlade.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not find our chairs and sofas to be comfortable. We are set to undergo a complete renovation next quarter and you will be pleased to know that even though the furniture is relatively new, it is still being replaced to go more with the SpringHill colors. I apologize about the coffee as well. We do have coffee in the lobby at all hours so I will look into what happened. While we do not offer cookies, except for purchase in our fully stocked 24 hour on site market, we do have freshly popped popcorn in the lobby during the weeknights. I am very glad to hear that we did leave an overall positive impression due to the quality of the beds (which is the main reason you're there right?) and the friendliness of our staff. We all look forward to seeing you next year.

Vicki Kroll, General Manager
Abby Nelson, Sales and Catering Manager
Meredith King, Front Office Manager
Doris Valesquez, Housekeeping Manager
RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We love Springhill Suites as a usual affordable option for getting 3 comfortable beds. This room had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. It also included desk space and little kitchenette. Lots of room for 3 of us and luggage. Breakfast each morning was typical with yogurt, fruit, bagels, make your opwn waffle, but did have scrambled eggs and sausage. You could get it until 10 on weekends and 9 on weekdays. The only complaint which is a common complaint of mine with many reasonable priced hotels is that the air conditioning tends to be rather loud and doors slam shut on their own so you can hear them closing constantly in the hallways at all hours.
There is shuttle service to a train station but it is about a 235 minute drive on the interstate to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi TravelingManRI.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are an entirely all-suites property with all of our suites featuring a pull out sofa sleeper, fridge, microwave, spacious desk area and a kitchenette as you discovered. We like to offer a full variety of breakfast options so that even the pickiest eater can find something and stretch our hours on the weekends to allow more time for people to relax and sleep. Isn't that what weekends are for? I am sorry to hear about the noise from the air conditioner and the doors closing. We will definitely take that into consideration when we undergo a complete renovation next quarter. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sales and Catering Manager
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
Holiday Inn Countryside
Holiday Inn Countryside
#2 of 2 in Countryside

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale? Share your experiences!