“Great Day Spa”

Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A friend and I spent the afternoon at Kohler Waters Day Spa. We enjoyed the pool/jacuzzi area and the quiet spa lounge very much. My massage was nice, and the therapist was very professional. She worked at getting those knots out of my neck and shoulders! Would not hesitate to come again. The only drawback is they are located in a strip mall and they didn't serve lunch.

1  Thank Alwaysonthego00

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a nice afternoon together. We had the pool/jacuzzi to ourselves. This time both the sauna room and steam room were in working condition, last time they were not. I had the Lavender Rain treatment, different and the girl was very professional. I enjoyed it. My daughter had the Express Soak, she did not care for it at all. We will go back to the massages although very pricey. This time also as someone else commented they let you decide on the tip, again in the past, they were more demanding on the tip being a certain percentage. In the past, I did a pedicure that was 20% off and a manicure and it cost me over $135 because they insisted on a high tip and they have a special for manicure/pedicure/tip for $135 which is pricey already, but turned out to be less because of the tip they include.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Top notch service in a beautiful setting make this a special destination for spa services. Services are fairly priced for the high quality of the professional treatments. It is spotless.

1  Thank martinlucy
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Picked this spa due to rating by Chicago magazine as #1 spa in area. I have gone to spas all over the U.S. and this spa is o.k., but not good enough for me to go back. First, it is in a strip-type shopping center and when I arrived it took about 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge me. It is a strange entry as you are in part of the Kohler store with bathtubs, sinks, faucets, etc. Not calming or welcoming first impression, actually more off-puting. Once they realized I was actually a customer, they took me around and showed me the facilities. Did not like the fact that steam room and sauna are co-ed. The "trick" showers and pool waterfalls were nice, but missed having a cool pool you could actually swim in. You can only dunk yourself into this one. 80-minute aromatherapy massage and lavender rain treatments were excellent. The big disappointment was the advanced transformation facial. It was basically a chemical peel with face massage for $160. My local esthetician does a better job. The locker rooms afford NO privacy. Although I enjoyed 2 of the treatments, overall it did not meet my expectations for the money.

2  Thank flamingoluvr
Reviewed June 3, 2012

While the spa services cost a bit more than others in the area, the HUGE selling point is the fact that you can use the facility all day. So, you can book a pedicure for $55-70, enjoy that 60 minute service, and then luxuriate the rest of the day.

The hot tub is spacious and hot, with powerful jets (and the waterfall, which is like a massage in itself!). The plunge pool is great, especially after time in the sauna/steam room.

I enjoyed the relaxation room and actually slept a bit (after I read for 2 hours) on the lounge chairs. The little snacks, fruit, coffee and tea help keep you satiated, but should you need more food, the spa offers large, $6 fruit smoothies. And they're delicious!

While the locker room isn't huge, there are 4 rows of lockers and a few showers--with lots of space, shower heads, soaps and lotions. I can stay in the shower alone for 30 minutes!

As far as the services go, they're great as well--had a deep massage that went too quickly! I had bronchitis at the time, and the massage therapist made sure she triggered my lungs and sinuses, so that I left feeling significantly better.

I had the $90 pedicure, which is an amazing 80 minute experience, with full leg massage, relaxation time, and thorough attention to my feet. and, the pedicure was so good, that the polish didn't even chip after 8 days on the beach, surfing, in Bali!

Can't wait to go back :)

1  Thank jool12