“Not a good spot for a Family Reunion”

Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed July 23, 2007

My family stayed at this hotel for a reunion July 2007. The breakfast was less than desirable and the cleaning staff was very unprofessional. The only area available for a group to assemble was the dining area...which was off limits during non-breakfast hours. The air conditioner in the lobby and halls had to be off; standing in those areas for an extended period of time was draining. Upon checkout, the receptionist provided a customer service survey and asked us to return it to them after we filled it out....which is an absolute "no no" because the postage was provided on the opposite side of the form. Stay away if you can.....

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank georgiapeach34216
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Its been a while since your stay and we wanted to thak you for your review. Your stay was quite different compared to the majority of our guests. Were not a large group hotel with banquet and meeting space which it sounds like you needed. Were sorry about that. Since you left our staff has gone through an extensive training program and I think you will find our employees feel thazt customer service is number1. Our Continental Breakfast has also improved and the hotel over all has had a lot of upgrades. We hope you will take the time to stop by and see all the changes.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport

Reviewed June 12, 2007

Awesome hotel. I don't know what these people are talking about. There is a steakhouse right next door with amazing food. There is a deli/convenience store/liquor store all in one on the other side, and strip malls ad nauseum through the whole town. The continental breakfast is ok, but I've had alot worse. I never once felt threatened leaving my hotel, though like with many places near large cities, I wouldn't recommend strolling the alleys at 2am. I stayed here for 11 days straight on business, and I have absolutely no gripes.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank bpt15239
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Internet access down, no shutle to airport, worst continental breakfast ever, room unclean

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank postrof
Reviewed August 2, 2006

A king-sized suite w/a roll-away was orginally booked; I had a confirmation for this.
The desk clerk gave us a room w/2 double-beds, so after hauling all our luggage to that room had to haul it to a different room.
I had requested a roll-away; told the desk clerk, but she never followed through.
When I pulled the sofa-bed out, sunflower seeds flew out.
There wasn't any extra bedding in the room, so I had to make another trip to the front desk and get some.
The furniture in the room was dusty and the alarm clock was sticky.
The toilet didn't flush, which I mentioned to the desk clerk, and the jacuzzi faucet was broken.

My husband and sons went to a major league baseball game; otherwise, I would have gone to a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank DSJ42
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2006

This place was really disappointing. We flew in late and thought this would be a convenient place to stay before we began our trip the next morning. When we checked in, we were told that the 2 Queen bed room was unavailable and they could upgrade us to the only remaining room, which was a king suite. We thought this sounded like a pretty good arrangement, but asked if this room could accommodate 4 adults. They assured us that it would, the king bed and then the sleeper sofa.

When we entered our room, we saw the king bed, and then a small love seat, which was a sleeper sofa. This sofa could really only accommodate one person. It was late, they had no other options, so one person in our party slept on the cushions on the floor. When we called for sheets, a blanket, and pillows for the sleeper sofa, we were told that they were out. Who would think that a hotel would have no extra pillows, blankets, or sheets!?? The front desk person was not helpful and even hung up on us! This went from bad to worse!

Our friends staying across the hall gave us their comforter and we finally managed to scrounge up a couple sets of sheets for the cushions on the floor and for the stained mattress sleeper sofa.

Needless to say, I would never stay here again. The review I just read on this place is right on - there are many other options nearby this hotel, and with the poor service we received, I would definitely suggest to others to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Some of the newer (vs. acquired) BW properties seem to be one step ahead of a Motel 6. Stayed 3 nights and each morning, cleaning staff deactivated our room keycards and on last night elevator was out, making the stairs trek annoying --especially hauling luggage on morning of check-out. Irratic noisy A/C. Cleaning staff replaced two bath towels with one (front desk advised to come down myself & get another), ignored full trash cans and failed to replenish room coffee supplies. Would've overlooked all of this if it was an obvious budget hotel, but I was willing to pay the little bit more for a better experience. For the money, go up the street closer to Midway at any of the other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank LVinWA
Reviewed June 17, 2006

We spent a night here as we had a 6am flight of Midway. Staff at check in was friendly. A quiet, spacious room, clean bathroom. Very welcoming. Free internet access in the room. We had a rental car and drove 3 miles to Pizza Hut for a quick early dinner.
The hotel seemed nice.. the indoor pool was in use and it seemed like fun. We did not expect to have such a pleasant experience/ night. Overall, we would recommend this hotel for a nights stay. A good deal for the price compared to something like yucky extended stay america on 71st street.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank anisha2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#143 of 191 in Chicago
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!