“More than I expected”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burbank
atlanta, Georgia
“More than I expected”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very satisfied with my stay. Quality of service and appearance of hotel was far better than I had expected(based on reviews from previous guests). The price was very reasonable, was located less than 10 minutes from the airport and was very close to my family. Felt very safe in the area the hotel was located.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Minnie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newcastle, WA, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

very helpful friendly staff clean rooms, good breakfast not too crowded, conveniently located close to University of Notre Dame and to restaurants and gas and shopping spacious room with good amenities all in working order staff went out of their way to be helpful to us plenty of parking

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Austin, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you're used to a high level of service and accommodations, you will not want to stay here. Upon entering the driveway, our very first impression was that it was not safe. This was because of the poorly lit front area. Upon entering the lobby, we immediately noticed the damp and musty odor, and the dirty carpet. The tissue box in our bathroom was completely empty, and the room also had the same odor. The AC in the Breakfast Area was either off or not working, so we did not eat. The trash receptacle in front of the building was overflowing.

1 Thank Rick C

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the worst Best Western hotel I had ever stayed. The carpet on the hallway and elevator were dirty. A couple was fighting in the hallway, slamming the door and shouting at each other. Breakfast item selection was bad. No HD channels on flat-screen TV.

1 Thank Raphael T
Romulus, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Obvious management problems. Staff seems uninterested. Not enough breakfast food for guests. Confusion about breakfast hrs. Wi-FI internet inoperable, in spite of staff claims. No bath towels in room, and only one creamer kit for coffee. Staff hard to find when needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Roger C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is very Dirty. The maids did not change the sheets from the last people who checked out. Only got one set of towels for me and my spouse and children. We had to share towels. Ask the staff for another set. never got them. The rooms were dirty and couch was stained so bad, we had to cover them with sheets just to sit on them. If i could post the pic's I took. i would. DO not stay there. For the price and service got.. No don't stay there. Especially Military.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

In booking a hotel near Midway for one night, I was merely looking for something convenient to the airport, clean and comfortable. The Best Western Midway delivered on clean. There is no airport shuttle, and this is not located in the motel area closest to Midway like the Holiday Inn, the Hampton Inn, the Fairfield and the Courtyard Chicago, so count on a $14 taxi ride. The public areas of the hotel are worn but clean. I got the room at the furthest possible remove from the lobby and pool, with a view of the parking lot and rusty roof next door. The room was tidy, however, and the bed a king.

My television would not turn on, so I called the front desk... no answer. I walked down to the front desk and the gentleman said he would "come take a look in a short while" (nobody in the vicinity at all, so I was not quite sure why any while was required, but fair enough.) He recommended unplugging and re-plugging to check the connection. While in the lobby, I thought I would grab a snack. The vending machine was nearly empty. About ten minutes after I got back to the room, I did try re-plugging the cable at the back of the t.v. and had success, so I called back down to the front desk - an answer this time - and the gentleman thanked me for letting him know, though it sounded like he had forgotten about me.

In the morning at 6:20, I let the pleasant new desk attendant know I needed a taxi to get me to the airport by 7:00 am. I had the free breakfast - the hot items were unusually unappetizing, even for a free hotel breakfast, so I picked cereal - and then waited for the taxi. When it hadn't arrived after half an hour, I consulted the desk fellow, who admitted he thought I wanted the taxi to arrive to the hotel at 7:00. He did call back and ask them to hurry, but starting late to the airport was not the restful way to start a day of travel. Overall, for the Midway traveller, I'd recommend paying the extra $20-30 per night to stay in better lodgings, closer to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank eatigs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#141 of 189 in Chicago
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!