Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
$109
Motel 6 Bridgeview(Bridgeview)
$75
Motel 6
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
$179
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean hotelchicago areabeds were comfortablemdwfuneraldowntown
Reviewed August 1, 2013

In booking a hotel near Midway for one night, I was merely looking for something convenient to the airport, clean and comfortable. The Best Western Midway delivered on clean. There is no airport shuttle, and this is not located in the motel area closest to Midway like the Holiday Inn, the Hampton Inn, the Fairfield and the Courtyard Chicago, so count on a $14 taxi ride. The public areas of the hotel are worn but clean. I got the room at the furthest possible remove from the lobby and pool, with a view of the parking lot and rusty roof next door. The room was tidy, however, and the bed a king.

My television would not turn on, so I called the front desk... no answer. I walked down to the front desk and the gentleman said he would "come take a look in a short while" (nobody in the vicinity at all, so I was not quite sure why any while was required, but fair enough.) He recommended unplugging and re-plugging to check the connection. While in the lobby, I thought I would grab a snack. The vending machine was nearly empty. About ten minutes after I got back to the room, I did try re-plugging the cable at the back of the t.v. and had success, so I called back down to the front desk - an answer this time - and the gentleman thanked me for letting him know, though it sounded like he had forgotten about me.

In the morning at 6:20, I let the pleasant new desk attendant know I needed a taxi to get me to the airport by 7:00 am. I had the free breakfast - the hot items were unusually unappetizing, even for a free hotel breakfast, so I picked cereal - and then waited for the taxi. When it hadn't arrived after half an hour, I consulted the desk fellow, who admitted he thought I wanted the taxi to arrive to the hotel at 7:00. He did call back and ask them to hurry, but starting late to the airport was not the restful way to start a day of travel. Overall, for the Midway traveller, I'd recommend paying the extra $20-30 per night to stay in better lodgings, closer to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eatigs
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great time. The room was always clean and the staff was very friendly. We didn't spend a lot of time there due to visiting family members in the area. There are several great restaurants in the area, and yes, it is a drive to get to the downtown area, but it's worth it. We usually left early morning and we always saw guest looking very happy. By evening it was the same way, with the pool area, and gym pack. If you know the area and looking for a place near the airport, this is a great place.

Room Tip: Great place if you know the area
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son was married next door and the location of this hotel was perfect for myself, family and friend. The proximity to stores, mall, restaurants and even a movie theater was excellent. This hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was nice because I was traveling with children. I would recomemend it to anyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a nice hotel. The staff was pleasant and rooms were clean. I would stay here again. Great location with plenty of food places, strip malls, gas, drug stores and anything you would need close by. Many in walking distance.

A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Poor Breakfast Poor Cleanliness Poor Service Unfriendly staff Bad Odder Small Fitness area Dirty Pool Not welcoming Bad location The amount of money you pay for the service/amenities you get is not worth it!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business