Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
Providence, Rhode Island
“vacation”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This was the 8th Best
Western that we stayed in during our cross country travels. I found this one to be less than average in a few areas. First the staff was not as friendly or helpful as the others. The rooms were clean but not well stocked with tissues, etc. I also found the continental breakfast to be somewhat lacking comparing it to the other hotels we stayed at. The cream for the coffee was bad and no microwave to heat the very small selection of food. No cream cheese available for the bagels. Could use improvement

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Midlothian, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My company's annual banquet was being held next door to the hotel at the Martinique Banquet hall. Not wanting to imbibe and drive home (even though it was only a few miles), we booked a room for a 1 nights' stay. The room itself is rather basic, but clean and comfortable.

Checkin was as expected, but the clerks' working the desk are definitely without personality. The hotel seems to attract a rather motley collection of low-end, misfit customers. The couple in front of us paid in cash, wadded up cash. When I presented a credit card the clerk appeared to be a little taken aback, it seemed she wasn't quite used to taking credit cards for payment.

There is a small pool on the ground floor, located next to checkin. We did not dare enter due to all the screaming children running amok. Luckily it is contained behind a glass wall. Every time we passed through the checkin lobby, there were always a number of people just loitering about. At no time did we feel unsafe, but it did seem odd.

The Best Western website claims this property is "convenient to...the Brookfield Zoo, the Museum of Science and Industry and McCormick Place. The hotel is also near the Lincoln Park Zoo, Adler Shedd Aquarium". I'm not sure in what parallel universe this statement is true, but in actuality it is nowhere close to any of the sites mentioned. I know, I live here. I'm also not sure what a "Adler Shedd Aquarium" is, I know what the Adler Planetarium is, as well as the Shedd Aquarium, but I have never heard of an "Adler Shedd" in Chicago. Again, I know, I live here.

I suppose, given the same set of circumstances, we might stay here again, but this is definitely one of Best Western's lower-end properties, with a clientele and staff to match.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RandyRandy

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel and because it's a Best Western, I assumed the hotel would no doubt be nice. Every Best Western has to follow standards. The hotel outside was nice but the room was in real need of some TLC. Our bathroom exhaust didn't work, the shower curtain rod was falling off, the headboard was hanging by a nail...just to name a few. It seemed like they had given us a room that really shouldn't have been in circulation. The breakfast they provide is lacking severely as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dleaton1308
Worth Il
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The room was clean ,bright but with nothing no refrig. or microwave , had to plug in the laptop for internet with the wall plug . The pool was big and nice but no one followed the rules ,they were swimming in STREET CLOTHES , THE KIDS WERE IN THEIR UNDERWEAR .never again will i visit this hotel ...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worthmoose
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Was Skeptical after Reading other Reviews but have Stayed at other Best Western Hotels and never had an Issue so why not! Was Pleasantly Surprised; Service was Good, Room was Clean, Bed was Comfortable and I Saved a lot of Money. Could have Spent more just North a little by Midway. Also, the Restaurant adjacent to the Hotel, Mattson's Steak House, was just as Good as any where and the Wait Staff were all Pleasant. Overall a Great Experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce297w
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Thank you for your response. Most people do not take the time to share their experiences. Were glad you had a great time staying with us and we sincerley hope you visit us again soon.
jacksonville
Reviewed July 23, 2007

My family stayed at this hotel for a reunion July 2007. The breakfast was less than desirable and the cleaning staff was very unprofessional. The only area available for a group to assemble was the dining area...which was off limits during non-breakfast hours. The air conditioner in the lobby and halls had to be off; standing in those areas for an extended period of time was draining. Upon checkout, the receptionist provided a customer service survey and asked us to return it to them after we filled it out....which is an absolute "no no" because the postage was provided on the opposite side of the form. Stay away if you can.....

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank georgiapeach34216
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Its been a while since your stay and we wanted to thak you for your review. Your stay was quite different compared to the majority of our guests. Were not a large group hotel with banquet and meeting space which it sounds like you needed. Were sorry about that. Since you left our staff has gone through an extensive training program and I think you will find our employees feel thazt customer service is number1. Our Continental Breakfast has also improved and the hotel over all has had a lot of upgrades. We hope you will take the time to stop by and see all the changes.
bpt15239
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Awesome hotel. I don't know what these people are talking about. There is a steakhouse right next door with amazing food. There is a deli/convenience store/liquor store all in one on the other side, and strip malls ad nauseum through the whole town. The continental breakfast is ok, but I've had alot worse. I never once felt threatened leaving my hotel, though like with many places near large cities, I wouldn't recommend strolling the alleys at 2am. I stayed here for 11 days straight on business, and I have absolutely no gripes.

• Liked — Fridge, Microwave, good water pressure, big TV, proximity of restaurants
  • Disliked — Continental breakfast, internet could be a bit choppy
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bpt15239
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#140 of 189 in Chicago
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!