“Extended Stay America Buffalo Grove”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my dog on the night of December 22, 2013. The reason for the stay was my dog's appointment at the Buffalo Grove Veterinary Specialty Center, which is within 450 feet of the hotel. I had a room with kitchen and queen bed. I was amazed at what was offered for a very reasonable price. The room was spotless; the hotel employees were friendly and accommodating. No one raised any objection to the presence of my dog, and the employees seemed to admire him and approve him. My request for a room on the 1st floor worked. Had it not, I noticed that there is an elevator to get to higher floors. One of them had taken her dog to the same clinic and had had excellent results there. Because of the welcoming attitude of the employees and the high quality of the hotel room, I felt very much at home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Casey122013
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We checked in, and immediately checked out. The hotel was not as advertised. The front desk person was very nice and offered us another room, but why wasn't I given the room I had reserved. The room we were shown bore no relation to the room as it appeared online. Plus, there was a bad smell in the the room. Don't be fooled.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ended here for one night, on biz trip through the area. Other hotels in the area were un-affordable No food or bar services directly in/around the building, but just a couple of block's away you will find RAM, TwinPeaks and more. Coffee and some snacks are provided (free of charge) in the morning. The rooms are appartment style, so you will have kitchen, seperate living room area.It's not all very new. Bed was OK, free Wifie as well. Only minor was the smell in the building (probably due to the cooking by most long-stay people) and the cleanless was not perfect.Still, if you need to stay the night at a certain price level, for sure one to do for a night or so.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our group traveled for a basketball tournament in Deerfield over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel offered great value for the time we were there. The staff was extremely helpful in setting up a room block for our group, the rate was very affordable. The beds were a little small for some of our boys, but they were 6'7", so their size wouldn't be the average size of most travelers. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Chelley - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. It was a sincere pleasure meeting many of the Coaches and their families who came into town for the basketball tournament. We hope you all had fun!

Thank you again. We hope to see you next year or any time your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been in this facility for approximately 18 months. During that time I have found the employees friendly, efficient and helpful at all times. They are to commended.

TV choices do not include stations that cover local professional sports teams and for a sports fan staying for an extended period of time this is a disadvantage.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank daniel r
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We appreciate the great review of the hotel and staff. I do know that at some point in the not so distance future we will be upgrading our channel selection. As soon as we have the details we will ensure the guests know what it will be and when it will be available. Thank you for sharing your comments and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Okay here is the thing that has really put me off. The staff is supposed to be courteous and helpful when it comes to interaction. You are after all staying for a longer period . But that was not happening.
The dishes were supposed to be clean ( when you check in). neither were the dishes clean nor was the coffee pot.
The vending machines need to be stocked with food that can be cooked in the kitchenette. A very sad variety of ready to cook or ready to eat items were available.
When looking at extended stay an option needs to be provided for larger suites. but then this one has only one room suites and nothing else.
Well a good point was the grab and go breakfast, that was thoughtful. But to be frank this can't be a place where one would want to have an "extended stay". The personal touch is sourly lacking in the staff and hotel
What really gets you irritated is check in time at 3 pm and Check out at 11 am. I have no clue how many hotels have a 4 hour gap . And yes they hound you at 11:05 am

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I truly apologize for the experience you had during your last stay. The kind of service your received is not what we want to portray to our customers. I have addressed with the hotel and rest assured if you come back to the area and try us again I am confident you will have a much more pleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed frequently here several months a year for business travels. The hotel has recently renovated, my room got a new mattress, new bedset and new flat screen TV. Agreed with the other reviews, the staff is friendly and helpful. Having a kichenette made my stay feel like home, you will appreciate it during winter season. This is a great value for business travelers.
On the nagative side, the hotel lost the free access to next door sky-fitness facility. It will cost $15 per visit or $72 per month for long stayer like me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am happy you enjoyed our renovation and the new grab and go breakfast. We are working on a new agreement for fitness center arrangements. Be sure to ask the next time you are in town. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield? Share your experiences!