“what a great title hotel and staff”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Jim the manager of the hotel and his entire staff are awesome, there staff if very friendly, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. i stay at the hotel over 3 weeks a month and it feels like a home away from home.

Room Tip: i personally like the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pete k
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Your home away from home, that is what we strive for! Thanks so much for letting us know your continued stays with us are comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Have used this hotel 3 times in the last 6 years each time for over a month.
Found the service to be consistently good each time. Lots of parking available and places to grab a quick bite within walking distance (obviously in the summer).
Would not recommend walking in winter.

The train station to downtown is also close by (15 minute walk).

Good wifi connectivity, large refrigerator and working microwave.
Nothing negative to say about the hotel - but please, please upgrade to LCD TV sets.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest so hearing the great comments from you is what makes it so rewarding. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the property for a little over a month and found it to be a very pleasant experience. The Staff is more then helpful in all aspects of customer service. No request was to much to do. Any supplies needed were happily provided. As a disabled person, your accessible rooms were well planned and layed out for ease and comfort. I WILL reccomend your property to anyone in the future, and I am sure ALL your properties are run the same way.
Again, I must stress what a pleasant experience it was staying there. Also, the homey atmosphere and friendlieness of fellow guests added to the overall experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel H
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Only stayed here one night, but it was clean, comfortable, and we got an incredibly good deal off Hotwire, so it was probably the best value of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jabwil
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I wanted to thank you for the very nice comments you posted about our Buffalo Grove site. We truly appreciate it! I just wanted to give you and update about this hotel. We recently received all new beds and flat screen televisions. We welcome you to come back and experience them when you are in the area again.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

At the last minute we decided to get away on New Years Eve...find somewhere we could relax and not have to deal with noise and craziness. I found this hotel - the rate for the night was great and we really liked the fact that there's a full kitchen in every room.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and charming...and my night's sleep was very sound and comfortable. It was exactly what I wanted and needed for the night and at such a great price too!

Room Tip: Everything was great about the room except that the tv was a little small. I don't know if othe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie F

Thank you for your response. I wanted to give you an update on the Buffalo Grove site. All rooms now have flat screen televisions. Please come back and check them out.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was only my second stay at this hotel but I keep wishing I could come & stay for a week or so as it feels so homey. It is, perhaps, showing a little wear & tear (hardly surprising!) but the place is well kept, spotlessly clean & very, very comfortable! What more could you want?

Well, there is more - for one thing, the staff are extremely helpful & friendly & have a tendency to remember you, even with all the people they get through there, all the time. And that, I think, more than anything, is what makes a guest feel right at home. Works for me!

Room Tip: First time I had a beautiful view across the gardens to Milwaukee Avenue. Lots of traffic but the ro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crazyoldbat
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at the Extended StayAmerica in Buffalo Grove, IL May 31 to June 2, 2011.

Parking was easy. Check-in was reasonably quick. The agent took a moment to explain the key card, which was different than most cards today. Push it all the way into the lock and leave it there while turning the handle; then push the door; then remove the card.

The room was basic but clean and decent. Being an extended stay property, it had two stove burners, a refrigerator/freezer, a sink, some cabinets, and a few dishes and cups. A small packet of dishwashing liquid was supplied, with more available on request. In the hotel-supplied information, management made it clear that the staff *would not* wash dishes at any point. They also had a minimal room-cleaning and towel-replacement schedule. I forget the details; just check with the staff so there are no misunderstandings. If you know how to empty garbage and do minimal tidying up, you should be fine.

One thing that I particularly appreciated was the ability to easily control the temperature in the room. In ten minutes it was exactly as warm as I wanted, an experience I didn't have in a much fancier hotel I had just stayed at.

The only in-room problem was a nonworking TV remote, but this was fixed quickly. After the front-desk agent gave me new batteries that didn't resolve the problem, she went and got me a different remote that worked fine.

A plus in the building's facilities was a laundry room with four washers and four dryers. I used two of each, and they worked fine. Bring your own quarters as I didn't see a machine to give you change.

There was Internet access available for about $5 a night, which I declined.

All in all I found this to be a clean, comfortable establishment.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield? Share your experiences!