Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buffalo Grove
New York City, New York
“Simple and perfect!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Only stayed here one night, but it was clean, comfortable, and we got an incredibly good deal off Hotwire, so it was probably the best value of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jabwil
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I wanted to thank you for the very nice comments you posted about our Buffalo Grove site. We truly appreciate it! I just wanted to give you and update about this hotel. We recently received all new beds and flat screen televisions. We welcome you to come back and experience them when you are in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2012

At the last minute we decided to get away on New Years Eve...find somewhere we could relax and not have to deal with noise and craziness. I found this hotel - the rate for the night was great and we really liked the fact that there's a full kitchen in every room.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and charming...and my night's sleep was very sound and comfortable. It was exactly what I wanted and needed for the night and at such a great price too!

Room Tip: Everything was great about the room except that the tv was a little small. I don't know if othe...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie F
Thank you for your response. I wanted to give you an update on the Buffalo Grove site. All rooms now have flat screen televisions. Please come back and check them out.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was only my second stay at this hotel but I keep wishing I could come & stay for a week or so as it feels so homey. It is, perhaps, showing a little wear & tear (hardly surprising!) but the place is well kept, spotlessly clean & very, very comfortable! What more could you want?

Well, there is more - for one thing, the staff are extremely helpful & friendly & have a tendency to remember you, even with all the people they get through there, all the time. And that, I think, more than anything, is what makes a guest feel right at home. Works for me!

Room Tip: First time I had a beautiful view across the gardens to Milwaukee Avenue. Lots of traffic but the ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank crazyoldbat
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at the Extended StayAmerica in Buffalo Grove, IL May 31 to June 2, 2011.

Parking was easy. Check-in was reasonably quick. The agent took a moment to explain the key card, which was different than most cards today. Push it all the way into the lock and leave it there while turning the handle; then push the door; then remove the card.

The room was basic but clean and decent. Being an extended stay property, it had two stove burners, a refrigerator/freezer, a sink, some cabinets, and a few dishes and cups. A small packet of dishwashing liquid was supplied, with more available on request. In the hotel-supplied information, management made it clear that the staff *would not* wash dishes at any point. They also had a minimal room-cleaning and towel-replacement schedule. I forget the details; just check with the staff so there are no misunderstandings. If you know how to empty garbage and do minimal tidying up, you should be fine.

One thing that I particularly appreciated was the ability to easily control the temperature in the room. In ten minutes it was exactly as warm as I wanted, an experience I didn't have in a much fancier hotel I had just stayed at.

The only in-room problem was a nonworking TV remote, but this was fixed quickly. After the front-desk agent gave me new batteries that didn't resolve the problem, she went and got me a different remote that worked fine.

A plus in the building's facilities was a laundry room with four washers and four dryers. I used two of each, and they worked fine. Bring your own quarters as I didn't see a machine to give you change.

There was Internet access available for about $5 a night, which I declined.

All in all I found this to be a clean, comfortable establishment.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The price was good, the rooms were clean & comfortable & well-appointed & everything worked. Besides that, the staff were absolutely lovely - not only cheerfully helpful but they made me feel as if I were a welcome friend recently returned instead of a total stranger, who'd never seen them before. I will definitely be back to this hotel &, if I go anywhere else in the country, I will check what Extended Stay America Hotels might be in the area before I look at any other type of hotel or motel,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I stayed here for almost 5 months while working in the area. The staff here is super friendly and helpful. It's in a real nice neighborhood, and next door to a very nice gym which you have free access to you when you stay here. The bed was really comfortable, and I slept really well here. I had my dogs with me for 3 weeks. There is a slight charge for this but this really helped me out. There is a large vacant field next door to walk your dogs, which is fabulous. There were a few other people in the hotel who had dogs and they were all very well behaved and courteous. And as the other review said, there are fantastic restaurants nearby. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelerChick
ATL, GA
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Stayed here for 3 months for work in the area. Staff is super friendly and very helpful. My company and our clients took over most of the hotel. Located near all amenities and on one of the best restaurant rows in the mid west you will not go wrong here. Within a mile in each direction is the best food you can find! So if you find yourself on any type trip in this area don't miss this one!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield? Share your experiences!