“Great for Deli Tray”

Original Bagel and Bialy
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Description: Homemade bagels baked fresh EVERY morning - lox flown in from NY - generous portions of great food in a good old fashioned NY deli setting. The meats are cooked in house and you can taste the quality!
Reviewed January 6, 2015

We ordered a meat tray for a family party and we were all very impressed. The Corned Beef, Pastrami, and Salami were excellent. The Roast Beef and Turkey were seasoned well and a big hit. The Chopped Liver was my favorite, and we had enough to have got a few days. We ordered for a few less then we had and it was more then enough. We did an add on of potato pancakes and we devoured all of them. We would not hesitate to order a meat or fish tray from them again as needed.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

The hand sliced lox are expensive but well worth the price. A great place to take home or have a quick meal there.

Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant many many times during the 7 years we've lived here. In my opinion, there's no better place in the northwest suburbs to get an authentic bagel and authentic lox. This place is ALWAYS crowded, so be patient. But you'll like what you get!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

excellent fresh food and service. the soup is the best! I get the chicken or the cabbage. wife gets the mushroom barley. we both love it. it's not fancy but kid friendly and usually not real busy unless it's lunch time. great corned beef and pastrami and slaw. not cheap just like most delis but glad to pay for great food and soup.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My family and I have dined at this restaurant about 10 times, most recently today. You order at the counter, then sit down and they bring you your food at the table. The service is usually quick, and if they happen to be very busy, they have a numbering system to make sure everyone is served in the order of arrival. With today being Mother's Day, they were very busy, and service was still fast. Keith, who took our order, was a bit hard to understand because he was speaking so quickly and mumbling his words together, but we got the ordering done successfully.

My wife and I both had the chopped liver sandwich, which is one of our favorite items here. We both thought it was excellent. If you are a fan of chopped liver, I would highly recommend it. The sandwich is served with a pickle and your choice of potato salad, cole slaw or macaroni salad. We had the potato salad and it was good as well. We also tried the potato latke fries. They were hot, very tasty, and served with your choice of sour cream or applesauce. We also had an everything bagel with vege cream cheese. It was very tasty as well. We brought home a bag of their cinnamon sugar bagel chips, and they are delicious. I highly recommend them.

It takes us about 45 minutes to get to this restaurant, and my wife and I both feel it is worth the drive. The food is consistently very good, and we highly recommend this restaurant.

They have a huge menu. They are well known for their breakfast, although we have never tried it. We have seen others eating their breakfast items, and they looked good. They also have a large variety of sandwiches, soups, and side dishes available (much more than what we had today). Just a tip, you might want to check out their website first to look at the menu before you get there, so you start figuring out what you would like.