“Consistently Exceeding Expectations”

Original Bagel and Bialy
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Description: Homemade bagels baked fresh EVERY morning - lox flown in from NY - generous portions of great food in a good old fashioned NY deli setting. The meats are cooked in house and you can taste the quality!
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My family and I have dined at this restaurant about 10 times, most recently today. You order at the counter, then sit down and they bring you your food at the table. The service is usually quick, and if they happen to be very busy, they have a numbering system to make sure everyone is served in the order of arrival. With today being Mother's Day, they were very busy, and service was still fast. Keith, who took our order, was a bit hard to understand because he was speaking so quickly and mumbling his words together, but we got the ordering done successfully.

My wife and I both had the chopped liver sandwich, which is one of our favorite items here. We both thought it was excellent. If you are a fan of chopped liver, I would highly recommend it. The sandwich is served with a pickle and your choice of potato salad, cole slaw or macaroni salad. We had the potato salad and it was good as well. We also tried the potato latke fries. They were hot, very tasty, and served with your choice of sour cream or applesauce. We also had an everything bagel with vege cream cheese. It was very tasty as well. We brought home a bag of their cinnamon sugar bagel chips, and they are delicious. I highly recommend them.

It takes us about 45 minutes to get to this restaurant, and my wife and I both feel it is worth the drive. The food is consistently very good, and we highly recommend this restaurant.

They have a huge menu. They are well known for their breakfast, although we have never tried it. We have seen others eating their breakfast items, and they looked good. They also have a large variety of sandwiches, soups, and side dishes available (much more than what we had today). Just a tip, you might want to check out their website first to look at the menu before you get there, so you start figuring out what you would like.