“Horrible food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Chicago, IL
“Horrible food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have dined at Outback many times and love their Shrimp on the Barbie. But that memory was destroyed on my last visit. I ordered the filet and shrimp. The filet was supposed to be medium rare. When it was delivered to me there was not a shade of pink in the middle or the steak. I sent it back and started eating the shrimp. That was even disappointing. The shrimp was very small and rubbery. Did not taste good at all. Probably had been sitting around for awhile. My new filet was brought to me and was slightly pink (which is typical of cooked to medium). Medium rare should be a bit redder and it just wasn't to my liking. I was frustrated and didn't want to delay my party any longer so I ate it, well some of it. It was fairly tasteless. The server was oblivioius. I told her it was not cooked to medium rare and she just asked if it was good. I had eaten about 3 bites and pushed it aside. Should that not have been a good clue if she didn't understand when I said it wasn't cooked proper again? I was very frustrated and have written Outback off of my list.

• Visited September 2012

Illinois
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband, brother and I went to Outback Saturday night. The food was delicious!! We had salmon, prime rib and filet. It was all excellent. And the service was great. My husband had a question about his steak and within 2 minutes the manager came over. He was so ready to please. You can tell he really wanted us to be happy. He was very professional and really cared!
Great food and great service!! Thanks Patrick!! The waiter was excellent too. Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited November 2012
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Better than a Chain usually is”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A few years ago, this Outback was so popular that they could have people wait outside in the dead of Winter. Things have changed, perhaps because of the recession or competition, etc. Today you can call ahead and have a table waiting. No need for that last Saturday noon, when the crowds were gone. Prices seem to have moderated also from years ago (at least relatively). I had a mostly decent small steak salad for ten bucks, cooked perfectly. My wife had the Bloomin Burger, and it was similarly properly done. They still act like a "real restaurant" - cloth napkins, hot bread while you wait for your order, and decent service (no more buttons on the uniform). All in all, well worth the trip when you want "real food" and not the "trendier" simplified items that places like TGIF, Applebee's, etc. dish up for similar prices.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Joecompute
Arlington Heights, il
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food at lunch this last Sunday was really very good. I had a half of a beef sandwich and salad.The food was great, the presentation was horrible. The sandwich came on a large plate with nothing else on the plate. It should have had at least some parsley, a sliced tomato or even a pickle. Please pass tis information on to your chef,

• Visited September 2012
New York
“typical outback”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Enjoyed the food, very typical of Outback. No complaints. The staff was friendly. Food was good. The price was right.

Visited September 2012