“Fresh Mexican Food”

Grande Jake's
Ranked #5 of 107 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a great spot to stop for Mexican Food for lunch or dinner. You order at the counter and they bring it to you. Before your meal you will enjoy the chips and salsa. All of the dishes are very good and well priced for what you get. I particularly like the enchiladas and tacos. You can’t go wrong with anything you order.
Service is quick and friendly. The ambiance is nothing special, but the food is.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

My experience with Grande Jakes was horrible. The other reviews I read seem to be positive, but my carryout order was quite the opposite. I ordered the Cowboy combo which was over $13. One cheese chili relleno, 1/2 carne asada, and one cheese enchilada. The enchilada was so hard, that I couldn't even cut it with a steak knife. Also, it had American cheese! I have never ever had American cheese in an enchilada, and we eat Mexican quite often. I ordered the steak done medium. Well, it was done medium, but so tough I thought I was eating a piece of leather. On the plus side, the chili relleno was just ok. My dinner was supposed to be served with rice, beans, and shredded lettuce. I got about a teaspoonful of refried beans, a teaspoon of rice and a few little pieces of lettuce. Anyone that eats Mexican food knows that rice and beans and lettuce are always served along with the main order in plentiful amounts. My entire carryout order barely filled 1/2 of the aluminum carryout dish. Total disappointment!!!
I will never order from there again. They should be embarrassed at the quantity and quality of their food for the price I paid!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

When you walk in there is always a someone to greet you. And after you sit down, you are served with a basket of lite colorful home made chips and salsa. There is also a salsa bar, were you can get additional salsa, ranging from mild to extra spicy. The menu selection is large enough to satisfies almost every-bodies palate.

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Great margaritas, they have an awesome selection of Mexican foods. I really love their chips and salsa.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is one of my Favs place for Mexican food.Service is fast,friendly.Free chips and salsa Bar. I wish they rented a much bigger place to accommodate customer.Really busy on the weekends. Really Grandelicious!