“Bad News”

Dining options: Reservations
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Bad News”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This eatery has mediocore food and the servers are in your face to much. The food was not anything special and the service was like the waiters had nothing to do but interupt your meal everytime you finished a plate,we had the buffet. It was NOT a Relaxing experience and I would NOT recommend it. Avoid it, the food was BAD NEWS!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank geneg855

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A la carte much much better Buffet”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Been there twice.. Once for dinner and the food that was ordered was real good and made to taste. That made us visit again BUT for lunch.. Realised that buffet wasn't all that good and quality of the items weren't as par or upto taste or quality as compaired to ordering it..

Also, the service is a bit slow and distracted. So if you do plan to go, have some extra time on your hands.

Suggestion would be to order than try the buffet..

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, but...”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The food is absolutely GREAT when ordering from the menu but the buffet is not exactly suited to the Indian Pallete; too bland I'd say!
The ambience is quite alright, although I do think they need to update the place.
The service is poor, very poor. There is usually no one to talk to, the three times that I've gone there now. The place feels orphaned!
BUT...there is no other restaurant in the area (Chicago northern suburbs) to my knowledge, that serves food tasting even half as good as India House, so I must say, it'll do for me!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank aestho-nomics
Edison, New Jersey, USA
“Good, but not the best”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Given the options in Chicago, this is a good restaurant. They have good vegetarian/non-veg platters to start. Drink menu is limited and lacks a scotch. Quantity of food is good, and most often I end up getting a box in hotel.
If you are visiting with clients, then this is one of the better options. If you are alone and want good food, then there are a few Desi dhabas in Vernon Hills worth visiting

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Lalit K
midwest
“Wonderful and Authentic Indian cuisine”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have been to this restaurant 3 times. The first time an Indian friend brought me because it was her favorite Indian restaurant in the area. They had a nice lunch buffet and I was very lucky because my friend explained all of the dishes to me and what was more common cuisine amongst Indian families. That helped me a lot because I often do not know what to order and stick with Tandoori chicken and the like because I know exactly what I am getting. This time I tried a different plain bread that was not naan bread. I can't remember the name. It was good but, I must confess I liked the naan bread more. My friend recommended chicken makhani with saffron rice which also has a vegetarian version with cheese. This dish is often referred to as "buttery" chicken. It was the best Indian food I have ever tasted and must confess that my 2nd 2 trips involved the same dish. I have had it with cheese and chicken. Both are good but, I prefer the chicken. I would not recommend the flavored naan breads. They are just not as good as the traditional naan bread. Another thing I really liked about this place was they have chicken tender kids meals. My children are extremely picky eaters and it was a miracle to get them in there and not have them complain about the smell and having the chicken tenders was fabulous. They have even learned to appreciate naan bread and mango ice cream. Drinks were decent. Lunch buffet is reasonable priced and dinner is expensive but, I have yet to have an inexpensive dinner at an Indian restaurant. Usually why a lot of people go to the lunch buffet. My most recent trip was because of a groupon special the restaurant offered. $30 worth of food for $15. Such a deal and will be keeping my eyes out on groupon for more of these deals. This place can get crowded which makes service difficult but, the food is such a treat I just don't care. Now of course Devon Avenue is always going to be the best place for Indian Cuisine but, for a nice meal in the North/Northwest suburbs of Chicago, this is the place to go.

Visited July 2011