“First Visit”
Review of Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas
Ranked #18 of 109 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

We tried Zupas just after it first opened. The salads, soups and sandwiches were good. The lunch specials were well priced. My only issue was that the salads were all set, unlike another salad place down the street where you can make it your way.

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Since this place just opened up we thought we would try it. The food was good, the way you order it was a bit confusing. There was a long line the day we went because they had advertised a 50% off one entree. You start at one end and order sandwich or salad, then soup, desert, drinks and pick up your order at the end of the line. But if you want to substitute things on salads offered you are supposed to tell the first person not the person making the salad which doesn't make sense to me. You should be able to point and say what you want on it. I ordered the turkey bacon panini, it was good but the bacon wasn't cooked very well and the outside of the sandwich was a bit greasy. The best part is they give you a chocolate covered strawberry with every order..that was delicious!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

This is a new restaurant to our neighborhood. My wife and I found the menu to be very vast. Lot's of great salad, sandwich and soup offerings. I recommend the Pesto chicken sandwich and the tomato basil soup. Some of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Wow! I am NOT impressed! Appearances of carefully constructed salads and panini are DASHED by the reality of thrown together salads with very very small portions of your toppings - and mechanically timed pop-up panini makers timed....
This is so generic, inside so poorly designed, so complex of a menu.... and let me mention the "skin soup" -- that is, a layer on top of the soups!!! Yuckky!!! These soups need to be stored constantly and regularly so a skin does not form....

My stomach did a flip flop at the sight of the congealed mushroom ladle full of soup remaining.... I selected the cauliflower soup and was VERY disappointed.
Tasteless, absolutely tasteless!!!!

Skip this place....prediction: will close its doors in 2-3 months!!!

4  Thank Ben E
Reviewed January 17, 2017

So from the title I am sure you can guess the ending of this review. I am a Utah boy who has loved Zupas ever since they open. Now that we have on close to our work, they will be seeing a lot of me. If you are looking for a great sandwich, soup or salad, this place can not be beat. All off the sandwiches are great and I love the tomato and the mushrooms soups the best. They serve Coke products and they have my favorite Coke Zero. Go wild and try it with a squirt of coconut flavor! Love the free chocolate covered strawberry too. My ONLY complaint is the "and ons" come on $0.69 for a teaspoon of French's fried onions in my mushroom soup is a bit obsessive.

1  Thank howard c