“This Was All A Zoo Lover Could Want” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brookfield Zoo

Brookfield Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: 216-acre zoo with over 400 species of animals.
Macedonia, Ohio
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“This Was All A Zoo Lover Could Want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Brookfield Zoo was all a zoo lover could want. I looked forward to my visit here and I was not disappointed. There was so much to see and do. It was clear that conservation and education were priorities. There was one adventure after another around every turn. The themed exhibits were interesting and informative. This zoo was probably the best zoo I have visited to date. My hotel was not far so I got an early start and spent most of my day there and I was glad I did.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Columbia City, IN
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Place and Nice Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited with a toddler. Saw the dinosaur exhibit and the children's play area. The zoo is enormous and he got tired fast, but we did see the ape exhibit, the swamp exhibit, and rode the carousel (4x!) as well. Everything was very clean and we thoroughly enjoyed the day. We will be back to see the rest of the zoo.

Sycamore, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“I am not a fan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I personally amnot a fan of caging wild Animals.But We had to do a job thier once..
They were remodiling the Monkey House,And our Job was to walk up to the top of the Primate House I guess is a better word for it.
Anyway we were putting A new roof on the place..The job itself was really fun
Because we were doing it in the middle of summer,And the weather was fantastic.When I was working though,I could hear the animals whining and wanted to be fed..
I don't know,Itjust made me feel sad for them..
All in All I don't believe Any Animals should be confined for our Pleasure..
If you want A Pet,Go and buy one,Lol..

Visited July 2013
1 Thank John O
Houston, Texas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“not like it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

it used to be the zoo to visit....now im not so sure...not near as many animals as they used to have..some areas shut down.....one polar bear..i mean cmon

next time ill go to lincoln park at least its a free zoo

shame brookfield..you used to be the best place to visit

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Day at the Zoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

As a lifelong resident of the Chicago area I sometimes have not taken advantage of my local attractions. Recently while attending a fundraiser that was held at the Brookfield zoo I had the opportunity to see what a great attraction I have been missing for years. Important things to me like cleanliness parking and food all exceeded my expectations. Spending the day there with my children and grandchildren was an experience that I would not have traded