“Good Old Fashion Family Restaurant”
Review of Marquee Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Marquee Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 17 Restaurants in Broadview
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Have had to drive by this place on the way to the V.A. and Loyola dozens of times and finally stopped in for a meal. Then we stopped in again. Now the third time and all three have been great. First it was for convenience, now it is because we enjoy the meals and the service is always with a personality. There is nothing outstanding about this place other than it is consistently good eats, plenty of food, the price is fair and the servers that we have been lucky enough to have have made made us smile. Top that!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

When my husband was receiving training at the Hines VA Hospital, we used to go there for dinner and it was excellent! The guys from the blind center went all the time and were treated like royalty. We had a chance to go again while waiting for a flight from Midway, and it is as good as I remember. The "chicken pie" is to die for-chicken breast, with spinach, wrapped in phylo dough. And the bread basket is incredible. Husband had hard time deciding between greek pork chops on the special board and the greek chicken, so he got both (flew home with one) No longer has a liquor license which is a minus (we like wine with dinner), and the hours are cut way back-they close at 4. Makes it bad for the Hines guys,, as they are in school till 5. Oh, and the price-7.95 for each of his and 9.95 for mine. Thats a complete meal, folks! I ate on mine for 3 meals. I love how they treat the guys at the blind school, l love the portions, I love the taste-just extend those hours and bring back wine and it the 4 stars goes to 5! If you are at Hines (or Loyola) Hospitals, this is a must for your meals!

1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I don't know why, but every 'family' restaurant in the Chicago seems to have owners of Greek ancestry. Not that I have a problem with that, just seems curious...they are all independent, not chains.

Also, the menu has a great variety of items, they serve cocktails, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Had a pork tenderloin, split lengthwise, sauteed with lots of Greek spices, olive oil, and lots of garlic. It was excellent, and served with a huge baked potato cooked nice and fluffy. The tenderloin was almost a full tenderloin! Could finish it all.

Good service (it is a family style restaurant). I would go back.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

Dollar for dollar, the Marquee is the best restaurant in North America.

Why do I say that? The food, the service, the selection, the hours, the portions, the experience. The regulars. The staff. Gus, who is always standing watch.

I have never lived in Chicago, but this is a place that I will time my driving with so that I am passing by at a meal time.

I have never had anything less than an excellent meal there, from early Sunday morning breakfasts on my way from the hotel to the Navy Reserves on Roosevelt Rd in Forest Park in the ‘90s, to lunches and dinners that always made the trip – or the detour – worthwhile.

Everything from steaks to fish entrees to Italian and Greek dishes to breakfast fare they knock out of the park, and quickly, and just as good as if the place specialized in that type of food.

This is the gold standard by which a restaurant should be judged, and I don’t care how much you pay or how good the view is. Just go there.