“My Favorite Restaurant”

Al Bawadi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Bridgeview
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Shwarma, kabobs, lamb, non-alcoholic beverages, juices.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been here many times with both small and big groups. Everyone loved the food. The Lamb chops and Special Large Meat Platter are my favorite and everyone loves their food.

1  Thank ZakMirza
There are newer reviews for Al Bawadi Restaurant

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am a Middle Eastern and I really don't like to east Middle Eastern Food from restaurants, but my wife took me here. I told her that she now has some mean competition when it comes to cooking. I ordered the Bawadi Grill Mix. Let me tell you, the flavor from the meat Kabobs and the red rice they serve with it is off the chain. They also give Hummus, Baba Ghanoosh and This Garlic dip. The Baba Ghanoosh and the garlic dip were fire. I was dipping everthing into this garlic dip. My mouth is watering just thinking about the food. We went on a Friday, and the waiters and waitresses were dressed in pretty cool outfits. Talked to the owner and he said they dress that way on the weekends. The only downfall is we waited a while for the food, but it was well worth the wait, since everthing is made to order. Do yourself a favor and make sure you do not miss this place next time you are in the Chicagoland area. Just send me a Thank you after you are done.

1  Thank Murad A
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Never mind the authentic settings, the hospitable staff, and the delicious food. It's the combination of all of these that make Al Bawadi a true home away from home experience.
Upon arrival, you are greeted by the hostess who will do her best to accommodate your seating request; we grabbed a table for four even though we were two people because we told her that we would be ordering many dishes and needed more space.

The Arabic coffee soon followed and carried with it the authentic taste of cardamom and home. That alone made me remember restaurants in Jordan; then we inspected the menu.
What a delicious assortment of foods - I was hesitant to try some of the more 'homely' dishes (such as the Kefta bi T-henyyeh) for fear that it would be too commercial and leave a bad taste in my mouth; I thought that I should stick with the usual restaurant fare of Kebab and Shawarma.
My friend, a frequent diner at Al Bawadi, assured me that the quality of the food is unparalleled. With that in mind, I ordered both the assorted Kebab dish and the Kefta dish. We also ordered the usual appetizers (Mezzah), of Hummos, Baba Ghanouj, Falafel, and Mthawwameh (the garlic paste normally served with chicken shawarmah and Kubbeh Nayyeh).

All the dishes were DELICIOUS and were authentic and tasted like homemade food. I was so delighted with the falafel which were made in the traditional Jordanian/Palestinian way as opposed to the Lebanese way. The main difference being the size (Lebanese falafel tend to be large and topped with sesame seeds).

The main dishes arrived and those were incredible as well. My friend had ordered a Chicken Shawarma sandwich as he was not very hungry, and I got to sample that as well. Again, the food was authentic and very tasty. The assorted kebabs (Chicken, Kefta, and Meat Chunks) were very well seasoned, cooked thoroughly, and were exactly like you would get in the Middle East.
The fattoush salad was equally authentic and tasty.
The service was impeccable, and our bread basket was never empty, neither were our drinks.

I loved this place. Living in Canada, you would expect to have many authentic Arabic cuisine (there's no such thing as 'Lebanese' cuisine by the way), given the large population of Middle Easterners, and even though there are many great Shawarma places in Ottawa and Montreal, I have yet to try a Middle Eastern cuisine place that comes close to Al Bawadi.

Excellent.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food at Al Bawadi is excellent and the portions are generous. They start you with an appetizer platter with seasoned pita strips, dip and relish. We ordered a meat sampler platter (for 5 per the menu), which was more than enough food for our party of 6. We also tried the falafel
and Kibbeh, which were very good. Our favorite of the dips with the platter was the motwma
(potato and garlic). The service was good in terms of ordering and the food being delivered, but we had to wait quite a while to get attention when we wanted the check.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Al Bawadi has a wonderful interior that they newly decorated. It is colorful & cozy. The food is just out of this world. Everything I've had is delicious. They start you with a mini appetizer platter & pita bread. They have several entrees to choose from - wraps to enormous sampler platters. So far everything we've had has been wonderful. Several people look after you do you never feel neglected. Sometimes it can get warm inside when there's a lot of people on a hot day. I mentioned to them once that it was warm so they immediately increased the air conditioning and put on a ceiling fan as well. They have Arabic coffee and tea as well as various desserts. We usually are too stuffed to eat beyond our entrees! It is worth the trip to have such delicious food combined with such a unique environment.