“Love their food!!!!!”

Al Bawadi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Bridgeview
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Shwarma, kabobs, lamb, non-alcoholic beverages, juices.
Lima, Peru
“Love their food!!!!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant with friends from Saudi Arabia, they ordered all the food, and let me tell you it was delicious. I had visited other arabian restaurants, but this is something else, even their decoration is outstanding. The best cooked lamb I ever had!!!! There are no words to describe this excellent restaurant!!!

• Visited March 2012

• Arabic first
Logan
“Believe those taxi drivers!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our Jordanian taxi driver from O'Hare to Oak Park recommended Al Bawadi for great Mansaf, a dish my husband and I enjoyed very much in Jordan a year or so ago. The tender-cooked lamb in yogurt sauce was served on a bed of savory rice that was spiced with either saffron or tumeric and other yummy things. For a group of 7 adults, and 2 children, we ordered 6 servings of Mansaf that was served family style, and also a mixed grill or lamb/beef sausage (we weren't overly fond of it), beef and chicken (very tasty), super-good kefta and two kinds of rice. Yum!!! We ended up taking lots of food home and the staff was very pleasant about packing it for us. We loved the Arab dress--particularly on the gentleman who followed us to our TENT and poured us small bowls of Arabic coffee in greeting. Our servers were very attentive and gracious. Had we not been familiar with Jordanian and Mediterranean cuisine in general, we would have felt assured of authentic cuisine by clientele. We were 7 of only a double handful of Northern European-extract diners in the place; all other tables were filled with folks who knew their Middle Eastern food.

• Visited May 2012
Chicago
“Good food but....”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good food, attentive wait staff, but not very friendly. They are just there to basically take your order and delivery it to your table, dont expect a smiling reception from your server.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ItsmeFifi
Tempe, Arizona
“Spoiled me for other places...”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Always super busy, this place is one of those that we make sure we have time for in the Chicagoland area.
I could go on and on but I will keep it simple...
Their lemonade...so good.
Shawarma (chicken)... beyond good.
I couldn't wrestle the ingredients out of our lovely hostess for their rice, and to be honest... I couldn't reproduce it if I tried... it's that good.

Love Al Bawadi!

• Visited January 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but bad service”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This restaurant has everything...good food, nice atmosphere but the only thing that it lacks is SERVICE. My first experience was good but the second visit was horrible. Very rude waitresses with lots of ego and attitude. Instead bring food home and eat. Not a place to dine in

• Visited October 2011